Home > Trip Reports > January 22, 2005, Pasqualewood, New Jersey

January 22, 2005, Pasqualewood, New Jersey

1/22/05
Posted by MW88888888 on 1/24/05 10:51pm
Ok, I can't stand it anymore.  A tuesday and 1 trip report for skiing over the weekend.  I'm not sure about anyone else, but I'm thoroughly depressed about the skiing in PNW thusfar this year.  And everytime I log into TAL and see no reports...salt in the wound, man, salt in the wound.

So, I had a trip back east (Pittsburgh, PA) to visit family and spent Saturday and Sunday enjoying 8" of powder in my sister's backyard, remnants of the recent Nor'easter that arrived with us...building a hit and doing laps on my nephew's snowboard.  Sadly the best powder I've seen in weeks.

Just to prove how good it was, here's a picture taken by a good friend of mine of the skiing in his own back yard => 18" of fresh and temps in the teens - [somewhere] in NEW JERSEY!!  

All he asked was that I withheld the location in fear of droves of Washingtonians booking flights and stealing all the pow before he gets there.  

Better snow in New Jersey than Washington?  Who would have thunk it?

It looks to be the side trail up the south side of campgaw mt, in the ramapo's, but the stone wall with hole shot that's just way to rad, is that at or tele gear your in? your lucky they salted the roads or you still might be sitting at home

No salt needed.  I wasn't being figurative in my post, that really is my friend's backyard.

Pasqualewood, aka "Squalewood Bowl", is the brainchild of a couple of MCSA members with time on their hands and a couple of hundred vertical in their backyard.  I guess the days of Fall with a Sven Saw are finally paying off.

Reply to this TR

january-22-2005-pasqualewood-new-jersey
MW88888888
2005-01-25 06:51:59