Home > Trip Reports > Nov 4,6, 2011, Saudan couloir, pow farming

Nov 4,6, 2011, Saudan couloir, pow farming

11/15/11
Posted by Atraslin on 11/9/11 10:26am
The plan was to hit Tricouni. Unfortunately, not only was I off by one drainage but I was off by a whole town.
Fortunately we we're close to Blackcomb and you don't need to off road to get there.Just step out of your car and start skinning.Fresh tracks on Suadan couloir.

It was so good we went back two days later and found more of the same, so we snow farmed the powder from one
glacier lift to the next.No crowds, no traffic just the way it used to be. Be prepared for the 5000 foot climb to get there and bring your rock skis for the ski out.

Skiers: Andy Traslin, Mike Traslin
Good call - no bumps or people falling in front of you half way down either . . .

Hmmm... I wonder how long a drive from Wenatchee....  That looks really nice.

Nice lines.
Respectable dues.

@Greg....You are right! Do not forget about the avi debris....Anouther two weeks and the moguls should be there....

Cheers Thanks!

Thanks for sharing the second photo Andy? To funny, I look like Tron!

Nice harvest, Traslin bros! I've done that climb up from town in the summer, also experiencing no crowds (in early August). However, there always seem to be leftover moguls and late summer ice. Your conditions were a shade better...

Better hurry back down here, tho. The forecast for the coming week will save you alot of gas money!!!

http://forecast.weather.gov/MapClick.php?lat=47.76332998647307&lon=-121.0089111328125&site=sew&unit=0&lg=en&FcstType=text

Reply to this TR

nov-4-6-2011-saudan-couloir-pow-farming
Atraslin
2011-11-09 18:26:14