Home > Trip Reports > Jan 22, 05, Mt Hood Meadows (it's closed again)

Jan 22, 05, Mt Hood Meadows (it's closed again)

1/22/05
OR Mt Hood
Posted by Jeff Huber on 1/22/05 3:05am
To top off a GREAT day of skiing, I just returned from a long visit with my hypnosis therapist. She told me to write my TAY TR immediately, before my therapy wears off. I wonder why she told me this?

Anyway, the skiing today was AWESOME! Coverage was a bit thin but it was still EXCELLENT. We skinned up from the base area to the top of Cascade and took one FUN run down. For some reason the slopes and parking lot were completely deserted, this was very NICE. Back at the car there was a TV crew which interviewed Andy -- Andy is a TV star now!!

We did see some really WONDERFUL features in and on the snow. Like copious cups and pits, which--per my hypnosis therapist--were placed to allow you to put things on the snow so they will not slide away! Isn't that SMART and KIND of Ullr? There were also these PRETTY decorations on the snow, like this long brown substance:

Isn't it NICE of Ullr to redecorate the place for us?

Here's some more photos, Kam-style:
]
that looks AWESOME!!! i LOVE skiing on rain cups in January. i hope the conditions at mount baker are as GOOD as hood!!!

wow, looks like Andy was skiing the knee-deep... ;D

nice photos Gaper!

I'm just a little disappointed that my 5 seconds of fame ended on the channel 6 cutting room floor, beat out by some tubers and snowshoers cooking hotdogs.  ;D

That is the first time I have ever seen dirt deposited on snow in the manner shown in the photo above.  In more ways that one, it says a lot about the quality of the skiing right now.

Ah they cut out the clip of you! Those bastards! ;-)

Reply to this TR

jan-22-05-mt-hood-meadows-it-s-closed-again
Jeff Huber
2005-01-22 11:05:40