Home > Forum > Erik

Erik

• alpentalcorey
  • [alpentalcorey]
More
17 Jan 2005 10:28 #170542 by alpentalcorey
Erik was created by alpentalcorey
I just wanted to let people know that Trevor K (who works for the ski areas and was a long time friend of Erik's) put up a nice tribute with pictures on the summit-at-snoqualmie website.<br><br>www.summit-at-snoqualmie.com/info/winter/erik.asp

Also, for anyone that knew Erik but may not have gotten the info for the service, it is this Saturday (Jan 22) at 4pm at the Salish Lodge in Snoqualmie/North Bend. I am told that all are welcome.

I first met Erik (and his regular ski buddy Chris) in the Alpental BC in '98-'99 when I was by myself and they kindly invited me to come along with them. After my most regular ski partner moved away that year Erik and several of his friends became my most reliable and favorite people to ski with at Alpental. Having such a great community of people to ski with has been a true blessing and probably the biggest reason why I love Alpental so much. Erik was a great skier and he would always offer encouragement and positivity to others, even though so few could ski like him. He will be missed by many.

I would invite any others who see this thread to share any memories they might have. It's hard to find solace at times like this but when I think of Erik arcing those perfect pow turns I know that even though he left us at such a young age, he really did live every day he spent on this Earth.

Rest in peace brother. Thank you.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• garyabrill
  • [garyabrill]
More
19 Jan 2005 17:56 #170584 by garyabrill
Replied by garyabrill on topic Re: Erik
You know, I never knew your friend Erik, but I discover that this is a very small community. I ran into someone who knew him the day after the accident and then stopped by Redmond REI, where I ran into Steve Ellis. Erik worked at the Redmond store for a couple of years aparently. Steve mentioned how sad it was that a "kid" as nice as Erik was taken so suddenly, and at such a young age. Condolences to you Corey and Erik's family and many friends.

• Jason_H.
  • [Jason_H.]
More
20 Jan 2005 05:15 - 20 Jan 2005 05:15 #170592 by Jason_H.
Replied by Jason_H. on topic Re: Erik
That was a fine tribute. Even though i have no memories of Erik, I can feel the pain that you, friends and family are feeling. They (memories, feelings) never dim like people say, but are always there just under the skin reminding you that time is fleeting and life just as much so. Take each day with a fury and remember that those that you know and have known are the ones that you are carried on the shoulders of. They define who you are! As a good friend (that I can tell erik was) I can see that you are being held up high and that's all that one should hope for...to be remembered, to be inspiration, to be hope, to be courage, to be the ballest that keeps your ship from overturning in rough seas. That and so much more.

More
20 Jan 2005 06:40 #170593 by mfaoro
Replied by mfaoro on topic Re: Erik
I couldn't put it better than Jason and alpentalcorey.<br><br>I worked with Erik at the Redmond REI and my partner and I were frequent customers of his at the nursery. Erik was a person who instantly put you at ease - perhaps it was his honesty, his smile...we will all miss him.<br><br>Michael

• Charles
  • [24!ShukSan$9]
More
21 Jan 2005 06:15 #170613 by Charles
Replied by Charles on topic Re: Erik
Thank you for letting us know about this tribute. I never met Erik but can tell that the world has lost a fine person. I notice that Erik had just become an active member of this forum, and regret that we won't continue to benefit from his contributions. My sympathies to all who knew Erik.