Home > Trip Reports > 13Oct2011. Occupy Baker.

13Oct2011. Occupy Baker.

10/15/11
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by eduardo blanchard on 10/14/11 4:52am
I was on my way to work early in the morning when I came across a filthy stinking hippy. As usual I lowered the window of my BMW to shout some abuse at this parasite of society. As I did this, I read his cardboard notice, and was aghast that it had no spelling mistakes. "Occupy Baker" it read. Something strange then happened. I called the secretary, canceled all the meetings I had with the people whose blood and money I was going to suck dry, and sallied forth to drink from my new found elixir of life called powder. I cannot get enough now. How do you guys deal with this addiction?

Yours Truly

Patrick Bateman

Mountains

Powder

Better than money

The Pied Piper
Second picture is $$$$

That is sweet.....cant wait to get back up in the pow.
Do not forget to actually support our brothers and sisters on the frontline. This movement needs us...

www.occupywallstreetevents.com
www.moveon.org

That looks absolutely amazing!  I am heading there tomorrow morning (SAT).  Is the slope right above the Hogsback camp still really icy (crampons)?

So stoked!

Also, did you use or think it was needed to have avalanche gear?  Maybe a foot of new over the old?

Thanks,

Great Photographs!    Thanks for sharing!

Work gets in the way of everything.Wait to hit it.

No crampons or avy gear needed. just strong legs for lots of laps. -filthy stinking hippy

Awesome!  Thanks for the beta.  Could not be better weather forecasted for tomorrow!

four of us headed up there thinking we would ski off the summit... discovered perfect snow down low, scrapped the summit and lapped everything from 5:30 am to 3:00ish. october is my new favorite month.

Awesome shots- October looks amazing. I haven't been out to Baker much, where did you guys ski? I imagine this has to be above Table / Herman area... Coleman Pinnacle? further up?? Thanks!

I'm quitting my job!

Thanks for the post!

Thanks for the great TR and photos.  It keeps me motivated to continue my physical therapy sessions.  ;)

ErikT: Heliotrope/Upper Grouse Creek area.

Some video of the day here

Rad! 

I feel extremely lucky to have recently moved to the great NW from Utah.

Reply to this TR

13oct2011-occupy-baker
eduardo blanchard
2011-10-14 11:52:03