Home > Trip Reports > October 8, 2011, Mt Rainier, Muir Snowfield

October 8, 2011, Mt Rainier, Muir Snowfield

10/8/11
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by cornRIDE on 10/9/11 1:49am
Headed for Anvil Rock but the wind had swept it clean of any new snow leaving it brown and icy. Descended the Muir Snowfield instead. Snow was wind affected and firm but rode softer and sweeter than expected. Worthy conditions for the 8th of October.
noice.

was up with kevino & 2 non-tayers on the 7th & had some nice conditions as well.

I wouldn't call it freshies, but I would call it very good :). Some of the smoothest snow I've skied up there on Saturday. Can't wait to get back up next weekend.

author=cornRIDE link=topic=21937.msg93823#msg93823 date=1318178949]
Headed for Anvil Rock but the wind had swept it clean of any new snow leaving it brown and icy. Descended the Muir Snowfield instead. Snow was wind affected and firm but rode softer and sweeter than expected. Worthy conditions for the 8th of October.

Met you at the buttom of the snowfeild when the fog rolled in, perfect timing huh?  Good to know your name on TAY and nice work on the photos?  How did the gap fo the rocks turn out?

author=Shred13 link=topic=21937.msg93863#msg93863 date=1318273003]
Met you at the buttom of the snowfeild when the fog rolled in, perfect timing huh?   Good to know your name on TAY and nice work on the photos?  How did the gap fo the rocks turn out?

ahhhh! did you share your sandwich with me? caught the weather window (short) perfect. my girlfriend and i will be up in the area after the next batch of snow. it was fresher than anything else i've ridden since may ;)

now, if i can only find the matches to start my ski sacrafices... i've got the itch much worse this monday than last.

author=cornRIDE link=topic=21937.msg93867#msg93867 date=1318276693]
ahhhh! did you share your sandwich with me? caught the weather window (short) perfect. my girlfriend and i will be up in the area after the next batch of snow. it was fresher than anything else i've ridden since may ;)

now, if i can only find the matches to start my ski sacrafices... i've got the itch much worse this monday than last.
[/quoteY

Yep that was us with the Sandwich.  Hit me up next time you plan on going, we want to get in one more in.  Have a good one, and yeah the itch is strong today.

Reply to this TR

october-8-2011-mt-rainier-muir-snowfield
cornRIDE
2011-10-09 08:49:09