Home > Trip Reports > October 8, 2011, Mission Ridge

October 8, 2011, Mission Ridge

10/8/11
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by mikerolfs on 10/8/11 10:30am
I was probably the only skier at Mission Ridge enjoying the first "storm" of the year, which amounts to about 3" in the shady areas and nothing left where the sun hits.  I skied the sun protected access road from the bottom of the compression on the way to "Bathtub", down to the bottom of Maggi.  This might only be 200' and you could see the dirt and grass in my tracks, but it was GREAT to be skiing at the local hill on fresh snow in early October.   The third picture give you an idea of the coverage (or lack of).
Now that is something to brag about, wish I would have rallied and done the same.  I rode my bike to eburg via Mission today, and there was still three inches in the shaded places, but it would be hard to string a run together, nice going.

Did ya dig a pit?

Ha, you win. Did you throw any sparks?

Is that a binding mounted 10" back from your tip? Interesting rig.

author=Pete_H link=topic=21930.msg93822#msg93822 date=1318178618]
Is that a binding mounted 10" back from your tip? Interesting rig.

Funny you noticed that.  Those are the Karhu Meta with the universal binding replaced with three-pins.  They have a partial skin permanently affixed.  I love these skis for tooling around the woods, but they are pretty scary for steeper terrain.  120cm with decent shape and a "no-wax" plastic base.

Reply to this TR

october-8-2011-mission-ridge
mikerolfs
2011-10-08 17:30:12