Home > Trip Reports > Oct 1, 2011, Carson Pass Lake Tahoe

Oct 1, 2011, Carson Pass Lake Tahoe

10/1/11
US elsewhere
Posted by jimt3 on 10/4/11 10:34am
On Saturday Oct 1, my buddy Alan and I headed out for a little fishing,biking, and as it turned out ski trip.  After catching a few trout and riding one of the local mountain passes we ended up here

A nice small patch of snow to complete my first 12 months. Thinking we had the mountain all to ourselves we were pleasantly surprised. We met Ron who making his first 12 months also along with an earlier couple just completing 242 strait months.  Right behind them showed up another couple knocking out 217 months in a row.  My little patch in the middle of nowhere was getting pretty crowded.  You would have thought we were on some PNW volcano.

After watching the happenings I asked Alan when was the last time he skied.  The reply 19 years ago. What size foot do you have? The same as mine!!!

The result.  Month number 1 for Alan.

Congratulation to you and Alan.  Looks like you have another trailbreaker.  ;)

Ahh, the Patch.  My wife and I lived in Tahoe for 30 years, and we have skied Sept, Oct, and Nov. turns there for many many years.  We skied the 4th of july there for the better part of those 30 years.  We have skied there late in the summer when there was a really nice solid bump line from top to bottom.  Great to see it is still used.  Keep it up. 

Hey, J 4  actually this is not the patch.  Here is your same pic on sept 3 of this year

Little mixup here but can get my reply off in 2 reports. Anyway the previous pic is about 1/2 a mile from the real patch.  I have been skiing this run for quite a few years. The peak I believe is 9001 ft and I call it PZ Peak and the run I call CJ's.  Just names I have made up over the years.  The real Patch is famous among snowboarders as they have brought them up 2 and a half miles into the wilderness and left them there for pretty much the whole summer.  I took a pic of it on Sept 23, 2011 and here it is.

Kinda flat sideslope and not to fun to ski but good for a lot of simple hits

Reply to this TR

oct-1-2011-carson-pass-lake-tahoe
jimt3
2011-10-04 17:34:39