Home > Trip Reports > Sept 12 months in Lake tahoe part 3 the finality

Sept 12 months in Lake tahoe part 3 the finality

9/15/11
US elsewhere
Posted by jimt3 on 9/29/11 7:20am
Following up my previous 2 posts my time in september had finally arrived. I drove up to CSU Chico where my 18 yr old daughter was a new freshman and we headed to tahoe. I was going to share my life long skiing ambition of skiing in sept with her.  I doesnt get better than that.  Although we dont have volcanos or permanent snow we did have patches.  One thing about skiing patches if you arent careful and happen to fall you usually leave the premises.  On sept 3rd we were greeted with this. About 3-4 hundred vert.

Short and steep but a lot of fun

September was finally in the books and my daughter made first turns 30 seconds before I did. Its good to know she wont have to wait 49 years like I did.

Mission accomplished...a parting look at our patch...bigger doesnt always have to be better when you can share it with your family

author=jimt3 link=topic=21856.msg93538#msg93538 date=1317334809]
...bigger ski runs don't always have to be better when you can share it with your family

How true.   Hope you and your daughter have many more ski tours together.

Again, thanks for sharing stories from the big ski year down south!

Good stuff, Jim.
Thanks fo sharing.

Good job with nurturing a trailbreaker/kicking steps for future outings. I'm using a similar strategy with my grandsons. ;)

Reply to this TR

sept-12-months-in-lake-tahoe-part-3-the-finality
jimt3
2011-09-29 14:20:09