Home > Forum > Anyone know what happened to the avalanche blog?

Anyone know what happened to the avalanche blog?

• philfort
  • [philfort]
More
10 Jan 2005 06:58 #170479 by philfort
Or the whole avalanchenw.org website? It's been down for weeks... ???<br>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Charles
  • [24!ShukSan$9]
More
10 Jan 2005 09:05 #170481 by Charles
The www.avalanchenw.org site still works for me, but they seem to have screwed up some links. In additon, they have a new system for the "avalanche blog" which, though functional, in my opinion is less than optimal.

www.avalanchenw.org/cgi-bin//search_reports.php <br><br>In order to browse the reports, you have to go to the above page and then perform a blank search - there is no URL to go directly to browsing the reports. I asked about this and the response (from the webmaster, I presume) was that, "our requirement was to create Create Report and Search Reports views". And, "we didn't setÊa requirement to "Read Reports"Êwhen we came up with the spec for the updated Info Exchange. But we should consider it for the future."<br><br>The suggested link to use for the blog is (have to click the search reports link then do a blank search in order to browse):<br> www.avalanchenw.org/info_exchange.html

• philfort
  • [philfort]
More
10 Jan 2005 09:39 #170482 by philfort
Hmm, looks like my workplace is blocking that URL for some reason ???<br>Although I swear I tried it at home, and it didn't work either...

More
11 Jan 2005 04:37 #170486 by wolfs
Yup. Looks like for some reason, avalanchenw is on the s*** list with our IT guys, or there's a corrupt copy in proxycache. Even trying to use the direct DNS 207.150.192.12 gives the same proxy error. Weird.