South America Volcan COPAHUE, Chile

8/15/11
South America
Posted by cem_terzi on 8/2/11 4:34am
VOLCAN COPAHUE, Chile from Trapa-Trapa

Santiago-Los Angeles=500km
Los Angeles-Raclo=80km
Ralco-Trapa Trapa=42 km dirt mountain road
The Pass to Argentna from Chile is close in winter, but open to"SKIERS WITHOUTH BORDER"
The pass is open in summer only by foot or horse ride.

September 2010 to jenuary 2011 , I skied and bicycled 21 volcano in Chile and  Argentina along the Andes. Most of my trip was overnight up to 7 days.Some of the mountains ,after I rode my bike to mountain village I rented horses from Mapuche indian than I reached the snow level with horse up to 30km horse ride. Volcan Copahue is one of them.

https://picasaweb.google.com/c777123/VOLCANCOPAHUEChile#slideshow/5635692980218555698
https://picasaweb.google.com/c777123/VOLCANCOPAHUEChile#slideshow/5635692980218555698

Volcan Copahue crater lake, it is a hot spring 105 degree F cover with walls If someone wants to jump this crater hot spring from the glacier He should not forget his climbing gear.

Cycling from Volcan Antuvo to los angeles

Best way to travel in the mountain

Mapuches at Trapa Trapa

Brilliant. Keep 'em coming.

Awesome!  The "horse with bicycle" picture is the logical progression from the "horse with skis" photos.

Cem,

Fantastic. I'm really pleased  that you have posted some of the photos of your trip.  I remember our discussion last year before your trip and your plans. 

Your adventure certainly captures the spirit of "Earn Your Turns".

Your trip would find a lot of interest in Backcountry, Outside,... magazines.

We would enjoy more postings of your trip.   ;)  Zap

author=cem_terzi link=topic=21574.msg92434#msg92434 date=1312313691]

This is ridiculously over the top awesome!   :) :) :)

I try to make my backcountry skiing trip remote area with native people. Bicycle and horses are the best way to reach the snow level and the cost of trip  is very low too. It takes more days to make a ski trip but you will have a great culture with local people.

sometimes there is not any bridge to cross a river so horses are perfect for mountain

author=Zap link=topic=21574.msg92443#msg92443 date=1312347251]
Cem,

Fantastic. I'm really pleased  that you have posted some of the photos of your trip.  I remember our discussion last year before your trip and your plans. 

Your adventure certainly captures the spirit of "Earn Your Turns".

Your trip would find a lot of interest in Backcountry, Outside,... magazines.

We would enjoy more postings of your trip.   ;)  Zap

Your trip reports and discation with you helped me too, thanks.
If you are coming down South America this year let me know we can do some trip.

What a great TR!  The whole idea of taking a horse to start your ski adventure is amazing.

Dr. Telemark

Imagine the uproar in the states - horses postholing.  Where are their snowboards?!?

Cem..  the skis on the horse postholing to turns are the best adventure pics I've seen all summer.  thanks for posting.

Skiers without borders indeed!

This is tip-top ski mountaineering creativity.  The best folks find a way to do something creative, whatever skill level they are. 
I would love to see an article on Cem's outings in Backcountry, or wherever.  Play up the freeheel angle!  And get an editor/translator.    :D  No shit, man, this is the USA, where people speak English as a Second Language with no first language.
I'd say the dogs are having the best outing, but they would, wouldn't they?

Very Cool! That smile tells it all!

TR of the year...

I'm with Telemack, Zap, and the rest.   This is the balls, man...  git 'er done and keep us informed

hell, i knew him before he was famous...

- I think they used the horses in a Warren Miller movie, recently

Reply to this TR

south-america-volcan-copahue-chile
cem_terzi
2011-08-02 11:34:51