Home > Forum > Fastest route from Whistler to I5

Fastest route from Whistler to I5

• Jeff Huber
  • [Gaper_Jeffey]
More
07 Jan 2005 16:22 - 07 Jan 2005 16:26 #170470 by Jeff Huber
Fastest route from Whistler to I5 was created by Jeff Huber
Greetings from Whistler where tommorow I--very slowly--participate in the rando rally. To get here I followed the directions on Whistler's website which took my right thru downtown Vancouver which was quite slow. When I go back, is there a faster route which will take me around Vancouver?<br><br>Thanks!<br><br>Jeff<br><br>PS: I'll last have wifi Sunday morning so if you can respond by then that'd be mucho helpful.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• philfort
  • [philfort]
More
07 Jan 2005 16:30 #170471 by philfort
Replied by philfort on topic Re: Fastest route from Whistler to I5
Take highway 1 east to highway 13 (Fort Langley I think?), then take 13 to the border (5 or 10 minutes). On the other side, rt. 539 takes you straight to Bellingham.<br><br>But if it's late at night, when there isn't much traffic in downtown Vancouver, then it's just as fast to go through downtown.

More
08 Jan 2005 04:19 #170474 by ron j
Replied by ron j on topic Re: Fastest route from Whistler to I5
I, also us the 13/TC1 route on the BC side of the border but access it via I-5.<br>So, Jeff, from PDX you'd go north to just south of Blaine to Exit 275 (Truck Customs - Lynden).<br>After you cross the border at Truck Customs (assuming they even let you in their country -- I dunno, you're a pretty shifty looking character ;) ), you'll be headed north on 13. Take that north to TransCanada 1 and take that westbound; freeway all the way to 99. Go west to the water and then take a right on 99 north to Whistler. Can't miss it on the right :)

• Jeff Huber
  • [Gaper_Jeffey]
More
10 Jan 2005 04:43 #170478 by Jeff Huber
Replied by Jeff Huber on topic Re: Fastest route from Whistler to I5
Thanks for the advice Phil and Ron. I ended up going 1 to 15 then to the border and I5. I'll try the routes you're suggesting next time.