Home > Trip Reports > Southern Pickets, A Thread of Ice 1 Ski Descent

Southern Pickets, A Thread of Ice 1 Ski Descent

7/15/11
Posted by mtngeek on 7/16/11 6:40am
Over a clear weather window Louie Dawson and I spent 3 days adventuring, climbing, and skiing in the Southern Pickets.
Sorry it took a lot of work to write and add photos all info can be found here: http://mtnsaremyhome.blogspot.com/
A great adventure.  Thanks for the link to the full report.

I read Louie's report earlier in the week -- yours is great too, thanks for linking it here.  Hope you don't mind my linking the pic, I love this shot:

awesome .. when i read that comment by steph in her report i thought hummel and/or sky might take it on .. wicked line .. amazing effort .. way to get er done!

Thanks all it was a great trip! No problem with linking the photo, I lurk a lot on here and I know its nicer to have TR's directly on the page with photos, but after loading and editing it all once for the blog I was out of energy to do it again, so sorry about that...

Kath: Hummel said nice work on Louies report, and that he had been thinking about this one for a while, I guess we just got there first lol

Impressive amount of skill and commitment.  Glad the two of you made it down safely.  Loved your write up.

Looks hairy! Congrats!

Reply to this TR

southern-pickets-a-thread-of-ice-1-ski-descent
mtngeek
2011-07-16 13:40:20