Home > Trip Reports > January 2, 2005, Paradise MRNP

January 2, 2005, Paradise MRNP

1/2/05
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by JMor on 1/2/05 6:37pm
Yes, it's yet ONE more Paradise TR, but what can be said, is that it truly was "Paradise" on a particular Golden Gate slope on Sunday.  Sunny skies, new snow, and stable conditions gave our group lots to hoot and holler about.  Ron, myself, Stefan, (Jerry was missing in action, but we did manage to borrow his video camera), Zap, Jill, Julia, and Dick had great aspirations for a "new" tour around a certain upper area.  Thanks to Stefan's eagar ambition, young body, and strong legs he broke trail to the top of Golden Gate.  On our way up it was the general consensus of the group, "why pass of great snow for something better?"  Visibility was great, the sun was shining, no wind or wind scoured snow, just perfect knee deep, fluff!!  So we all had our way, spooning tracks on this great slope.  Once done, with smiles as wide as the great outdoors, we decided to climb up again and head east.  Knowing that the masses had headed towards Mazama we ducked the crowds once again and found another slope with only one set of tracks  ;D  Should have some photos ready for viewing in the next couple of days.  Maybe I can even sweet talk Jerry into making us a little video.  ;)  
Knowing that the masses had headed towards Mazama...

Yep Mad_Dog the masses sure did head out that way.  Kind of got that ski resort feeling by mid day.  Glad that was our first stop before we moved on.

Where's this Golden Gate and 911 gully stuff in relation to mazama ridge/pan point, etc?

Was up there on Friday for some of that soft snow goodness. beautiful day, not that many people either. nice.

Where's this Golden Gate and 911 gully stuff in relation to mazama ridge/pan point, etc?

If I tell ya I'd have to kill ya. ;D ;D ;D

my funnest day on skis yet. the snow was perfect. and so was the company,although Jerry should have been there.

some pics I took are avail for you to view at
http://community.webshots.com/album/243562901ofFJzo

Thanks for the photo's Stefan, I also have some available for viewing here.  :D

http://groups.msn.com/WildHeartsSkiing/paradise1205.msnw

Nice photos you guys.
Clearly a stellar day.

Alpinedave, welcome aboard TAY, check your PM,   ;D

Jill and I had a great day sharing the powder in the sun with an easy going fun group.  See you again soon.  Once again the senior citizens reaffirmed that you never leave great powder to find better powder. :) Stefan, you broke a nice trail.

Zap

Best skiing of the season for me; this trip had it all: great company, snow, weather, and scenery.  Zap - you're no senior citizen,  just entering middle age (like me!); perhaps when you qualify for a free senior pass at Alta.
Here are a few photos:

I wish I could have been there! Fortunately I have secret agents filming for me 8)   Here's my weekly report

Another fine job, Spielb.... uh, I mean, Jerry.  Thanks.
Not many guys would put together viddy on trips they couldn't even make!!!

Reply to this TR

january-2-2005-paradise-mrnp
JMor
2005-01-03 02:37:13