Home > Trip Reports > June 21, Colchuck, banana cooler

June 21, Colchuck, banana cooler

6/15/11
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by alecapone on 6/22/11 2:05am

Emily was here!....  but who is Emily, and what was she doing here?

I couldn't decide at days end between a celebratory beer, or the usual chocolate milk, so I double fisted it. That's when I noticed someone had stuck their bananas in my box!  Was it you Emily? Did you slip me your bananas? They where yummy!

A dozen hours earlier we started off. Ben in his boots, me in my slippers. Can I claim first slipper ascent to colchuck lake??  oh wait, there was a guy up there no shoes, hustling me for some pee.. so I left him a salty snack on a rock.

went around the lake, up, down, up, down, down, and back around.  There where several others doing simular things, all in their own way on a beautiful sunny day. Even a crew of fellas from Misisissippi! Hey Y'all! I've heard tale, but never actually witnessed the mob seen up there. On the way out we did our part in cleaning up the area by removing a can of nice cold mt dew that had obviously been stashed and forgotten on a previous day. STOKED!!!!!

Soltice day playground.

d-tail west chute.

looks like it could be fun...
http://i1224.photobucket.com/albums/ee379/LoKoKoLoLo/colchuckdtail032.jpg" />

crazy kids spinnning tricks at the col.

Banana cooler is not a line.

Like the report. Nice you got back to the 'chants for Colchuck.  A little different from teh last trip in there -lol.  And nice pics of the NE Col on Argo.  That and the upper face have taken on new meaning ; )

sweet .. we were thinkin of heading up there but got a sickie here .. maybe next week ..

anyhow great to see you getting out to ride .. i've been going over all the footage and spent some time on goode with you ... epic trip!

Thanks Franklin..

I know my report is completely devoid of any useful info unless you are using pics for beta. There have been several recent reports that are floating around the webz anyways. Wasn't even gonna write anytng but the banana incident is driving me crazy.

Kath,

On the way out there where a couple guys having wine and cheese on the shore. They pointed out that someone was skiing down the glacier and the whole 'pic from afar' thing popped into my head and made me chuckle. hope the sick one is feeling better. 

You guys stole my Mt. Dew!!  Not cool.  I was the other snowboarder up at the col.  I stashed the dew earlier than morning and looking forward to it all day.  Oh well, at least it went to some fellow boarders who were getting some good lines in.  I worried some lazy day hiker nabbed it.

ha this mt. dew scandal is funny

Reply to this TR

june-21-colchuck-banana-cooler
alecapone
2011-06-22 09:05:52