Home > Trip Reports > June 21, 2011, Silver Peak

June 21, 2011, Silver Peak

6/21/11
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by silaswild on 6/21/11 2:24pm
Nice afternoon/evening tour on the longest day of the year. Good 2-3" corn on west facing slopes. There were about a dozen solstice celebrators and we all enjoyed a beautiful sunset. Some of us (not me) skied off the summit and into a north facing gully that was smooth thanks to the abundant snow year. 
LOL

nice... guess you celebrated too... you lost a day this year btw.

Sounds like I missed a good one... Or did I (6/22/11)?

fun evening, lovely sunset, great way to ring in the summer

you guys missed the druids that came out and started dancing on the summit after the sunset. great fun indeed.

Rustyknees

the gully Silas speaks of

TBill, aka Sin Dawg

The last picture of Trevor says it all. Hell of a solstice. 

What a night... fun stuff.

It was quite the scene last night.  Fun to see so many familiar faces and a few new ones. Spectacular views and colors of sunset.  Great skiing.  Bummed I missed the in to the taller col, and was too lazy to walk back up.  Enough to find the entry to the one on the left in the picture.  A sweet ride in that col as the sunset : )

Hey BigSteve... nice pn on the ring...  BTW, if anyone finds a Windows 7 HTC smartphone on the saddle (right side of bowl), please contact me.  It bites, since it was almost a week old...  Guess it was my solstice sacrifice.

_oh, no pictures from me... they are on the phone and still up there somewhere...

How far up the road were you able to drive?

Road is snow free and in good shape to a couple hundred meters from Windy Pass.  We skinned from the car.

holy crap that was fun... best solstice ever!  All the people I toured with most this year were there plus a sizable and stylin representation of nwhikers-on-skis.  Only downside was also the upside; I slacked a bit on the dog-toting-beer fed high quality social lazin' in the sun with the million dollar views due to almost constant motion...  so many good lines to ski!  Two nice ones on the west side where on the second run I ran into Rob who had a solid eye on that NW coolie to finish off the evening - yes!  met back up on the summit along with Franklin and Trevor, just in time to see that fiery orange globe setting on the horizon. So perfect. Good to meet everyone.

I think just about everybody including myself forgot their camera (or lost it!)...  I'm cribbing some from Will, who refuses to join TAY with the same adamancy that TAY refuses to make picture posting easy. Will's a great photographer so maybe there's a correlation...

Franklin

Rob

moi

Trevor boarded it but I couldn't find a pic...

author=cumulus link=topic=21233.msg90932#msg90932 date=1308772069]I think just about everybody including myself forgot their camera (or lost it!)...  I'm cribbing some from Will, who refuses to join TAY with the same adamancy that TAY refuses to make picture posting easy. Will's a great photographer so maybe there's a correlation...

Sweet pictures -- looks like a great time... though you're mistaking a lack of abundant free time for adamancy... ;)

Good times!  And a thank you to Sherpa Jack.

Yeah, lauds to Jack.  BTW, did all the beer get consumed up there?  Hope so.  For the record, I did my part : )

I don't recall.....

It was a nice surprise when Jack appeared at the party ledge sans Will with a pack full of eight brews.  Like a Fed Ex delivery : )

wow,, looks like quite the gathering!

was this event planned?

That first picture Silas posted is me.  Thanks Silas!

Finally got around to signing up here.  It's not that I didn't want to, just never got around to it.

alecapone - What do you mean by "planned?"  I got an e-mail that some people were going up, then I got another e-mail that some other people were going up, so I joined the fun.  I don't think there was any really formal plan.

Some people were slacking, I went back down with a 6-pack.  I promise I did my part!

I found an altimeter next to my car that evening.  Should I post a "found" thread in the Random Tracks forum or would there be a better place for it?

Describe said altimeter to claim it.

Reply to this TR

june-21-2011-silver-peak
silaswild
2011-06-21 21:24:05