Home > Trip Reports > June 19, 2011, - Father's Peak

June 19, 2011, - Father's Peak

6/19/11
Posted by Lowell_Skoog on 6/20/11 12:03pm

Two dads, three kids and one mom headed for the Teanaway country on Sunday to escape west side clouds. We had a great day near Ingalls Pass on the unnamed summit we dubbed "Father's Peak" in honor of the dads. As Art Freeman reported a few days ago, the north fork road is open to the end. Skis must be carried for a while, but we spent about half the approach time to the pass on skis.

Mount Stuart was as grand as ever and the snow was nicely consolidated. Some sun-cupping on south slopes but other aspects were pretty smooth. We enjoyed a short run without packs before climbing to the summit of "Father's Peak," where the west-side clouds were making their final stand. As we descended from the cloudy summit, we broke into the sun and enjoyed a long run down to the pine trees. Big thanks to Dave, Heidi, Brett, Steph and Tom. One of the best father's days yet.

Looks like an awesome day. Was up at Steamboat Prow yesterday and could see the top of Stuart poking through the clouds. Looks like it was clearer there than it looked from our view.

Three cheers to you Lowell and Dave. Happy Father's Day! Those "kids" are hardly kids anymore, look at Heidi rip it up!

It's great seeing all those kids sharing your passion.  What a great way to celebrate Father's Day.

Thanks for the post & the pics Lowell!  We really had good Fortune with the snow & the weather.  Too bad Debbie had to sit this one out.

More pics here:  https://picasaweb.google.com/daverodenhizer/2011_0619FatherSDay#

The kids are getting big...

...though on the plus side, they're carrying more and can break trail - and don't require new boots every year anymore  ;D

-Dave

I love everything about this trip report! Great, just great.

Great TR Lowell!  It's inspiring and hope that some day I'll be able to bring my kids along on a ski tour....

What a great TR!! Nothing better then hitting it with the kids! We went hiking as my daughter is still recovering from a broken ankle.

Reply to this TR

june-19-2011-father-s-peak
Lowell_Skoog
2011-06-20 19:03:54