Home > Trip Reports > June 17, 2011, Teanaway Fortune S Ingalls

June 17, 2011, Teanaway Fortune S Ingalls

6/17/11
WA Cascades East Slopes Central
Posted by artfreeman on 6/18/11 2:09am
Went on a Mountaineers Basic rock climb of Ingalls S ridge yesterday and a good time was had by all.  I skied.  Drove to end of road.  Walked about 30 minutes before able to skin.  There are a lot of runnels forming on the sunnier aspects, but not bad at all on the more N facing slopes.  Even though it was very warm I was snaking some excellent turns all the way out so the snow is getting nicely consolidated.  Skied out over the shoulder of S Ingalls, then skinned up Fortune and ran the ridge back toward the car.  I was able to ski continuous snow all the way to the Fortune Creek trail and then had to walk about 35 min to car.  Get up there on the next warm day, but with those runnels I would not want firm conditions.  No pollen.
Art

Iron Mike made a nice TR below that includes a vid of me skiing

http://www.nwhikers.net/forums/viewtopic.php?p=720346
Art,  I thought you said your hips are hurting. Nice turns.

Mainly the left one.  But my doc gave me some Oxaprozin, which I wish I had tried earlier since it worked really well.  Of course, the "rare" side affects are kind of scary.  So I am happy, at least for now.  Better skiing through chemistry.  Maybe there should be a forum just for old guys to discuss health issues!
Art

Art, I need rope lead credits to graduate from the Crag Course.  Keep me in mind when you and Brett lead some more Basic Rock trips!  Glad to hear you did not walk around the lake this time.

Reply to this TR

june-17-2011-teanaway-fortune-s-ingalls
artfreeman
2011-06-18 09:09:00