Home > Trip Reports > June 14, 2011, Alpental Update

June 14, 2011, Alpental Update

6/14/11
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Zap on 6/14/11 12:54pm
It was overcast during my brief visit with a few sunbreaks.  I continue to attempt to get back in shape but it certainly is more effort than I expected.  The snow pack on the lower mountain near the base is melting rapildly BUT once above the lower face there is excellent coverage.  I saw a few hikers and 1 snowboarder.  The pollen is a bit thicker probably due to the consolidation. 

I walked 9 steps from the patio onto continuous snow BUT it requires a more serpentine route on the lower face.  There is a continuous alley under Debbies chair along climbers left on the lower face.  Also  if you traverse climbers right all the way over towards Sessel chair, there is a wider swath.  I turned around below the cliff band under the Edelweiss chair.  I skied down Meister which had small sun cups.  The snow pack is consolidated with an inch or so penetration.  Below are 2 photos taken from the base patio which provides some insight about the lower coverage.

I also posted a photo of the Phantom.

Thx for the update!

author=Zap link=topic=21163.msg90579#msg90579 date=1308110058]
I continue to attempt to get back in shape but it certainly is more effort than I expected. 

PM sent.

Thanks for the Phantom post Zap -- time to get up there, I'd say.

Reply to this TR

june-14-2011-alpental-update
Zap
2011-06-14 19:54:18