Home > Forum > where to buy chains between mt. baker and seattle?

where to buy chains between mt. baker and seattle?

• Eli3
  • [Eli3]
More
23 Dec 2004 12:21 #170418 by Eli3
I'm new to the area, and am heading up to mt. baker tomorrow - does anybody know any good places to buy chains in between baker and seattle?

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Larry_Trotter
  • [Ruxpercnd]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
23 Dec 2004 12:42 #170419 by Larry_Trotter
Replied by Larry_Trotter on topic Re: where to buy chains between mt. baker and seat
There's about a hundred Shuck's Auto Parts Stores for yu to choose from... check out this store locator: cskauto.com/StoreLocator.aspx

We may get some snow this weekend... and there will be a run on tire chains. So get'm now. Good Luck!

• markharf
  • [markharf]
More
23 Dec 2004 13:11 #170420 by markharf
There's a Shuck's about two blocks from the Iowa St. exit in Bellingham. "Fraid the "locator" linked above mis-locates it, however. Get off at Iowa St. as indicated, take a left at the bottom of the off ramp, then another left on King St. Look to your right halfway down the block. To resume travel north on I-5, retrace your approach.<br><br>No chains necessary tomorrow, I'd guess, but with luck Saturday will be a different story. Backcountry or ski area?

• Eli3
  • [Eli3]
More
23 Dec 2004 13:44 #170421 by Eli3
I was planning on ski area, but could easily convinced to go for a tour - anyone else going to be up there?

• markharf
  • [markharf]
More
23 Dec 2004 18:00 #170424 by markharf
I'll be up that way for a tour of some sort, but I'm expecting to be: 1) late; 2) slow; and 3) clumsy (particularly considering the reported absence of snow and abundance of glare ice). Maybe arrive at 11:00 or so, park in the upper parking lot and set off in search of Tim Place's little stash of inch-deep powder. Anyone similarly-inclined (remember: late, slow, clumsy) is welcome to join me. Grey Caravan, Miras, T-2's, TRP's with Cobras, big jolly holiday belly.<br><br>