Home > Trip Reports > May 12, Alpental Dusk Patrol

May 12, Alpental Dusk Patrol

5/15/11
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by scotteryx on 5/13/11 5:49am
Left lot 2 with Randy @ 5:45. Beautiful evening, only a few clouds and nobody else there. Just a couple of other guys heading up to do the Slot (where's your report?).

When everything got shaded, a thin crust formed. Skinning was fine, except gaining the Cascade Traverse which has a small headwall from where the cat had pushed away all the Avy debris that had come off of the Upper Mountain.

Gained Gunmount and up Rollen to kante and then to the top of Chair 2. Last light was hitting Upper Nash so we dropped in and got a few turns that were not icy. Nash has been annihilated  with avy debris, freeze/melt, etc.

Made our way back down towards Debbie's Gold and finished off with some nice turns at the bottom and back to the van.
author=scotteryx link=topic=20817.msg88824#msg88824 date=1305319760]
Left lot 2 with Randy @ 5:45. Beautiful evening, only a few clouds and nobody else there. Just a couple of other guys heading up to do the Slot (where's your report?).

We did our Slot lap with at least 7-1/2 minutes of daylight left when we got down.  This was the third time in three weeks I dusk patrolled the Slot or Snot and last night sucked!  Collapsing slush on the skin up, uber firm snow down the Slot, horrible crust on the Phathom and debris strewn everywhere.  Last two weeks were smooth like butter in comparison.

Note to self for next dusk patrol - wait for some new or start skiing down before 8pm (and/or avoid work meetings that start at 3:30).

Yo Doug, did you find my F11 Megawatt and Marcus's Insane?  I finally made it out to the garage in the walker today and peeled the skin off the other one that made it! 

Reply to this TR

may-12-alpental-dusk-patrol
scotteryx
2011-05-13 12:49:20