Home > Trip Reports > April 12, 2011, Axamar Lizums (Tirol)

April 12, 2011, Axamar Lizums (Tirol)

4/12/11
Posted by silaswild on 4/12/11 6:50am
After sleeping seven hours on arrival at 1030AM in Birgitz from overnight flight to Munich, I decided a little Euro warmup tour was in order.  Headed out the door after a cloudy day with some drizzle (so I heard) for a dusk patrol at 720PM, arrived at the base of the (closed for the season) ski area at 730.   Two guys were ahead of me skinning the remaining manmade snow, and four more started a few minutes after me.  I stopped at a snack bar about halfway up the area, unfortunately closed so no struedel or kaiserschmarrn, deskinned and headed down in near darkness on the wind compacted half inch of fresh on the old frozen corn from the past weeks weather.   Down at 850PM, home by 9, gotta love the access here.

Forecast is for 1500 foot snow level, sounds like home.  So why travel so far?   Hope to share pics of the reason, tomorrow.
Way to fight the jet lag! Looking forward to grand scenery photos and maybe even some boot top or so powder shots, and of course, an obligatory food/wine shot as well  ;).

Hey silas, I did an overnight tour at St Anton there just last March. I hope you have a great time. Hope to see you again in the Mts or even Ivars someday!

I was wondering when we would see your first TR and surprised to see it so soon.  To travel so far is for the true Euro experience of high peaks, fabulous food and the multi-lingual chatter that fills the air.  Oh how I miss it.  Share much, be safe and enjoy!

Nice beginning to the anual spring trip. I've had coffee at that snack bar before, during Xmas season. Good luck on the rest of your venture...

Reply to this TR

april-12-2011-axamar-lizums-tirol
silaswild
2011-04-12 13:50:14