Home > Trip Reports > April 8, 2011, The Slot

April 8, 2011, The Slot

4/8/11
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by mcohen on 4/11/11 12:47am
Gathered near Alpental on the weekend of the 8th and 9th to honor Monika.  It was a lovely event.  Before many friends and family met in the evening we,

"Skied the Slot"

Snow was moist on the ascent and not inspiring.  However, we enjoyed settled, stable powder in the couloir.  Was lucky enough to do it with dear friends while thinking of another who will always be with me.

Mike
Hey Cohey, Here's a few pics from the day. Good to see you & Lefty and glad Mr. Bush came along for the journey as well. If Monika was with us, she would of made us ski it probably 2 more times! (I see you are working hard this Monday morning!)

Well done y'all, thanks for the report.

Did you see the crown from Wednesday's slide as you approached the slot entrance?  Curious what kind of stability you were seeing in the area.

Thanks.

It was great to see you Mike. And you too Lefty, Pete, and Gregg. No doubt in my mind Monika had something to do with keeping that pow fresh for you guys. She loved you all.

Not cool, though, to drive down form Bham, poach the local stash, and then spray about it. At least you did it with a hangover. Nice style.....

author=ryanl link=topic=20500.msg87263#msg87263 date=1302538504]
It was great to see you Mike. And you too Lefty, Pete, and Gregg. No doubt in my mind Monika had something to do with keeping that pow fresh for you guys. She loved you all.

Not cool, though, to drive down form Bham, poach the local stash, and then spray about it. At least you did it with a hangover. Nice style.....

Ryan - Cohen and I are all about style - we are kind of like Zoolander and Hansel on skis.  That Hansel is so hot right now.

Definitely felt Monika out there that day.  Thank you very much for sharing your stash and Saturday night.  It was great to hang out.

Great pictures Donni.  Sorry I missed the trip down the slot.  Will have to wait for a local (Ryan???) to help me find the thing.

It was a wonderful evening.  Thanks to all for putting together it together.  There was lots of love for Monika in the Guye Cabin Saturday night.....

Reply to this TR

april-8-2011-the-slot
mcohen
2011-04-11 07:47:13