Home > Trip Reports > April 7-8, 2011, Bandit, Black Hole Couloir

April 7-8, 2011, Bandit, Black Hole Couloir

4/7/11
Posted by esvege on 4/9/11 8:33am
Motivated by Scott's recent trip up the Napeequa to ski Bandit and Scurlock's photos of the BHC I called around to find a some partners.  Shane and John were in and after talking with Scott, he was ready to head back up for some more.

http://www.pbase.com/nolock/image/57354353

Our plan we to head up Thursday afternoon to ski the BHC on Friday and something else that would hopefully catch out eye for Saturday.  Reaching the base we setup camp next to the Napeequa River. 

Waking up Friday weather was perfect and we began climbing, the lower couloir was not looking good finding it filled with avi debris from the upper faces...but with hopes that conditions would change we pushed on.  Conditions improved the higher we went and the upper couloir was more like swimming up than booting.

The ski down was excellent with great snow conditions in the upper 2/3's.  The lower was better than expected, skiing the edges we found soft snow and avoided most of the avi debris.

We decided to head out and not stay another night, not seeing many lines that were skiable in the area. 
Thanks Shane, John and Scott!
Absolutely killing it!

Nice one guys!  Scott, is the BHC your new Heather Ridge? 

Oh man...that looks wonderful. Way to get back out there.

ha!

It's starting to seem like it, eh John? Have to go back at least one more time this year.

It was all Eric's idea. I was just a last minute passenger. 

definatly don't mind being a dirty repeater. The line was the same, but we did it with a little more style this time. Can't beat sic minestrone and torttellini miles from nowhere with great company.

Great snaps. Love the pic of your ski tips Eric. Can't wait to see some of Shanes photos.  

I understand how Scott can't get enough of that line.

Nice work guys and glad you had epic conditions.

Reply to this TR

april-7-8-2011-bandit-black-hole-couloir
esvege
2011-04-09 15:33:19