Home > Forum > Boulder River Wilderness

Boulder River Wilderness

• Schmitz
  • [Schmitz]
More
12 Dec 2004 13:51 #170298 by Schmitz
Boulder River Wilderness was created by Schmitz
Boulder River Wilderness the furthest western peaks of the cascades, Three Fingers, White Horse, Big bear, and Liberty. Has any one skied on or around here!? have you used green mt. to access liberty? these peaks are so full of character I really want to get into them.<br><br>Thanks<br>-Eric<br>

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
18 Dec 2004 17:27 #170381 by sb
Replied by sb on topic Re: Boulder River Wilderness
25 years ago, I skiied 3 Fingers, and it was worthwhile. It was the 4th of July though and access would not be so easy in winter. Unfortunately I can't remember many details. Whitehorse certainly looks interesting and I tried even more years ago to ski up one of its great north basins. We went up avalanche debris starting at under 1,000 feet, and eventually petered out on steep unstable slopes. Avalanche danger would often be prohibitive by that route but there must be times when it makes sense. Access is easy at least. This year, so far, is an unfortunate one for that area since there is so little low altitude snow.

• ski_photomatt
  • [ski_photomatt]
More
21 Dec 2004 05:08 #170387 by ski_photomatt
Replied by ski_photomatt on topic Re: Boulder River Wilderness
I hiked up Whitehorse a few years ago via Lone Tree Pass. This would make an excellent ski route in the spring (April-May). It isn't continuous since you need to drop down a few hundred feet from Lone Tree Pass, but the terrain is great for skiing. With sufficient snowpack it would be a long run.

• Randito
  • [Randito]
  • Elite Member
  • Elite Member
More
21 Dec 2004 15:13 #170399 by Randito
Replied by Randito on topic Re: Boulder River Wilderness
100 Classic Backcountry Ski & Snowboard Routes in Washington<br>by Rainer Burgdorfer<br><br>Lists ski routes on Whitehorse and Three Fingers<br><br> LINK <br>

• Schmitz
  • [Schmitz]
More
22 Dec 2004 10:19 #170407 by Schmitz
Replied by Schmitz on topic Re: Boulder River Wilderness
thanks, i have that book, its great. but i was more interested in this peak<br><br><br>Liberty Mountain<br> <br>anyone heard of it? the SW ridge is suppost to be much more mellow