Home > Trip Reports > March 26, 2011, Tatoosh

March 26, 2011, Tatoosh

3/26/11
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by altasnob on 3/27/11 12:25am
Lurker Sam gets first dibs

Link slashing the wall down low

Stugie, the bootmaster, charging hard

TBill's turn

The chute sloughed bad near the apron for first rider Sam but he was able to ski away. Even for the fifth person down (me), the slough was bad and you had to either go fast or stop every five turns and let the river settle down (I chose the later). We didn't notice any instability on our second run but with the warming temps and heavy snow, other groups said they had movement.

Great day skiing with everyone! 

-Brian

Not everyone damn it!   :'(

Looks good fellas.  Sorry to bail at the last minute.  Six would have been too many anyhow.

Lovers Lane?  Zipper?

Zipper. You know Lovers Lane will always be our special line Joe.

Yes, of course.  I guess I was a little jealous that you took it up the Tatoosh with those other boys.
Lucky for Sam that I wasn't there; I would have been the first one down with the Zipper!

Honestly Joe, it could of held for 6.  Bummed you didn't join.  We hit some really nice snow off the flanks of Plummer near the summit, and even Narada skied well despite the unexpected warmer temps.  A pit on a 37* slope, NW facing showed easily identifiable layers a foot down, and then three feet down at the faceted crust.  On CT 9 we saw signs of a fracture a foot down, but it took a CT 20 to make it go (Q2).  We stuck to trees avoiding the rollers and had some really great blower pow!

Yesterday at Xtal was awesome too!

Reply to this TR

march-26-2011-tatoosh
altasnob
2011-03-27 07:25:51