Home > Trip Reports > 26 Mar 2011, - Slot Cherry popping

26 Mar 2011, - Slot Cherry popping

3/15/11
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by haggis on 3/26/11 2:19pm
Finally ticked the slot of my books today with Rob and Gavin (his 1st time too).  Did our usual midweek Dawn Patrol 5:30 start time which was appropriate for getting 1st tracks down the slot.  Skinning easy until the last section.  Slot was in primo condition and much snow was spread onto face.  Phantom was manky as usual after a sunny March day.  Fantastic morning and we were all satisified with out efforts.

No stability tests performed today except on the fly pole stuff.  Although the wind was strong not much moved from South to North facing as it was all baked from the previous day.

Camera corrupted so no photos, you've seen it before anyway and there were 8+ folk we saw from the exit col coming down so not exactly a secret spot!

Fun line.
good y'all started early....by 11am we saw no fewer than 12 skiers come down, with some folks skinning back up for a second lap. 

anyone skied the Crooked this season?  After the slot, our party yesterday skinned back up the phantom for the Crooked and found the summit ridge of Snoqualmie to be a solid wall of huge cornices that made it look impassible without some serious cornice cutting or rappelling shenanigans.

Yes, that was the group we saw from the top of the exit to the phantom.  There was another group of 4 who got in just before the 12 though which was lucky for them!

The two of us were in the middle of the slot parade and it already looked like this......

Wow, I'll be sure to never hit up the Slot Couloir on a Saturday! Was there on Wednesday with two tracks from the day before filled with blown in with new snow. Broke trail out of the valley upon exit as well.

I'm glad so many can enjoy this sweet spot though

Hence our 5:30 meet time in Issaquah to beat the hoards!  At least the apron had good snow for all to enjoy though and I'm glad we didn't shoot for the crooked given others findings.

COngrats on becoming men guys.!!

Everybody hits it,  but she's still purty.

Best to show up right after she dou.. ah heck, never mind.

I'm still a virgin, what do I know.

Reply to this TR

26-mar-2011-slot-cherry-popping
haggis
2011-03-26 21:19:43