Home > Trip Reports > March 12, 2011, Stevens Pass BC

March 12, 2011, Stevens Pass BC

3/12/11
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by skier8484 on 3/13/11 7:46am
After a great day riding the lifts at Stevens on Friday, Scott (Alecapone) was kinda enough to show me and PowderDog around the adjacent backcountry yesterday. 

We made 4 north facing laps off of Heather Ridge, enjoying great snow and reasonable visibility.  Lots of fun treed terrain back there for sure.  Skied down one of the south faces to end the day, giving us all a chance to slay some seriously breakable crust up top, with some delicious mashed potatoes down lower. 

Great to finally get out and tour Stevens, and I'm definitely looking forward to doing more exploring in that area.
I thought I saw Scott back there.  Amazing the difference between North and South slopes.

awesome Brian!

great day for the ridge when you can't see much. Just watch out for giant man swallowing holes down lower.

where at Zack? Where you transitioning in the north side talus field?

Turns out there where a lot of people I knew up there, and a whole slough of new split boarders.

Glad to see some of the photos did work out. Thank you again Scott and Brian. It was the greatest Birthday Lashing I've had. Great way to spend the day. I hope to get back out there soon, perhaps after finals...

Reply to this TR

march-12-2011-stevens-pass-bc
skier8484
2011-03-13 14:46:59