Home > Forum > March 12, 2011, Crystal Backcountry

March 12, 2011, Crystal Backcountry

• altasnob
  • [altasnob]
More
12 Mar 2011 22:24 #217029 by altasnob
March 12, 2011, Crystal Backcountry was created by altasnob
Good cream cheese turns on NW to NE aspect above 5,000 ft. Even face shots in a few spots. Very stormy early but sun peaked its head out around 2 pm. Nothing moving except when we pulled out the cornice rope and got a SE to go. Came home to Seattle to find that someone had bumped my car

Don't worry, perpetrator is in custody

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Ritalin Kid
  • [Ritalin Kid]
More
12 Mar 2011 22:55 #217030 by Ritalin Kid
Replied by Ritalin Kid on topic Re: March 12, 2011, Crystal Backcountry
Ouch...that sucks. I hope it get's taken care of for you. There is absolutely instability on SE faces.

Here is my video/TR from today:

Great day cleaning up leftovers from everyone who skipped out on work on Friday. The morning was pretty socked in and blowing pretty hard. They shut down Chair 6 before noon, but not before we snagged three runs down South East Trees of the top of The King. The afternoon sunny and warmed above freezing around mid-mountain down. Bridget and I had fun on Upper Exterminator, but as usual with Exterminator the bottom is painful. It started snowing and seemingly cooling towards the end of the day. Tomorrow may be good if we get a few inches plus a little wind fill. Avalanche danger is super high right now. There is a nice crown at the apron of the main southeast shoot of The King with 2-3 foot wide debris chunks. Be super careful if you venture beyond the resort right now. First post with my new GoPro, it seems like it produces better footage than my Contour, but it's way heavier and looks super dorky.

• climberdave
  • [climberdave]
More
13 Mar 2011 10:52 #217031 by climberdave
Replied by climberdave on topic Re: March 12, 2011, Crystal Backcountry
Nice vid Ritalin Kid!

Altasnob: What in the hell was that guy driving, a front end loader?

• altasnob
  • [altasnob]
More
13 Mar 2011 18:30 #217032 by altasnob
Replied by altasnob on topic Re: March 12, 2011, Crystal Backcountry

Driver ran, was chased by my neighbor, caught, and tazed by the police. It happened at night and since my friend drove skiing, I didn't see it until I got back from the mountain. Can't believe it didn't wake me up (must have been the tequila shot I had right before bed)