Home > Trip Reports > March 9, 2011, North Face of Johannesburg

March 9, 2011, North Face of Johannesburg

3/9/11
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by lrudholm on 3/9/11 9:56am
My daddy had to work today but I decided to go big. So after taking a look at the CJ couloir I decided it was for suckers and decided to ascend up the hanging glaciers to the summit. I weigh less than 20 lbs so I wasn't worried about avalanches, seracs or cornices. Summit views were pretty sick, but the ski down was even better.

"I ripped the $H!T out of that run"

After looking at recent TR's I realized I'm a better skier than all of you.

Below is me chilling in my crib afterward and strapping the boots on for the approach.

Green is up and Red is descent variation.
Sick line Dash! I bet you loaded your diaper on the way down!

Hope you met some Pro skiers and told them you couldn't believe they were pro because your so much better than them!

Looks a committing line if your daddy did indeed do that.

Not too interested in a line like that now that I have a little one. Not going to stop skiing the good stuff though.

looks like you rode eldorado though by the view...?

Image credit goes to www.summitpost.org.

I still need to ski Eldorado.

Sick line indeed.  And you did it with one sock on.  I am proud of you!

I've thought about that line, but decided I like being alive. Ever been done?  Here's a close-up picture:
PUTlinkTEXThere http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Aeg1fot2YBU/Sx9QZvZZKKI/AAAAAAAADOw/fBKFI2_QlII/s1600-h/IMG_2698.JPG
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_Aeg1fot2YBU/Sx9QZvZZKKI/AAAAAAAADOw/fBKFI2_QlII/s1600-h/IMG_2698.JPG

I havn't heard of any ski descents from the summit. But my knowledge might be limited. That might be the allure of it.

actually, he took the photo on the way to cumquat coolie..

Dash is rad!

even with his dad's retro sticks.

It's great to see your papa is raising you as a tele-tot.  8)

I hope you didn't get a boo-boo on your sockless heel. 

Reply to this TR

march-9-2011-north-face-of-johannesburg
lrudholm
2011-03-09 17:56:06