Home > Trip Reports > March 6, 2011, The SLot

March 6, 2011, The SLot

3/6/11
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by heinzsd on 3/7/11 12:43pm
Skied the slot yesterday,  Thanks to those putting in the skin track on Saturday.  Only 3 tracks in before us and at least 8 of us hit it that day.  The snow was varied with mainly packed pow.  The phantom was very heavy, deep and creamy but still skied alright in the backseat.    Made a short video from the day.  It was made in haste since I know I should be working on other things than editing right now. 

http://www.vimeo.com/20773630 

Everything felt stable and well consolidated.  Dug a quick pit at the top of the slot and didn't notice any problematic layers. 
Nailed IT!  I think that's my favorite Slot Video ever.  Love the surprise ending, and the tune.  Thanks!

Thanks for the video. It really captured the day and the magic of dropping into a foggy nether world. Really enjoyed spending the day with you. Wish the snow was more pow and less chalky.
It was a huge day for the wife and she certainly achieved far more than she expected . It blows my mind to think of the progress she has made in the last few weeks. In January she broke down at the top of the mellowest of the blueberry chutes, terrified by the steepness and deep powder. She barely hesitated at the top of the Slot a mere 6 weeks later.

Awesome video; thanks. 

Great video.  Loved the ending as well.  Nice watching talented knee droppers.

I'm glad you guys liked it,  thanks for the positive vibes.

Your video with tune made my day.  MGMT, who are those guys?  Thanks.

Hey man, I've done that!  (the beater, that is). 

Hey, who couldn't love
that teetering, freeheeling,
yummy Cascades crud?

Nice all the way around...which artist provided the music for the video?

author=jdclimber link=topic=20048.msg85045#msg85045 date=1299569003]
Thanks for the video. It really captured the day and the magic of dropping into a foggy nether world. Really enjoyed spending the day with you. Wish the snow was more pow and less chalky.
It was a huge day for the wife and she certainly achieved far more than she expected . It blows my mind to think of the progress she has made in the last few weeks. In January she broke down at the top of the mellowest of the blueberry chutes, terrified by the steepness and deep powder. She barely hesitated at the top of the Slot a mere 6 weeks later.

way to go jd and i!

Hi Irena, Scott, Justin - great to see you guys up there - fun times indeed!!

Oyvind (Joe and Kevin) :)

Reply to this TR

march-6-2011-the-slot
heinzsd
2011-03-07 20:43:13