Home > Trip Reports > December 2, 2004, Mt. Catherine Loop

December 2, 2004, Mt. Catherine Loop

12/2/04
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by MikeyB on 12/2/04 6:58pm
We knew there would not be much snow, but needed a short, sweet workout on skis.  Leaving Hyak, the trail had about 3-4 inches of snow with the occasional dry spot as we worked around Keechelus Lake.  There was substantially more snow at Windy Pass (possibly 7-10 inches) but we opted not to try for Nordic Pass as the bushes were still visible.  We tried to follow the PCT through Ollallie Meadows which led to a logging road which we thought would lead us back to Grand Junction.  Alas, the road stopped in the middle of nowhere.  After attempting another road with the same result, we retraced our tracks and did the long glide back to Hyak. Even got a couple of grass/snow turns in on the downhill run.  Good early season workout!

P.S.  Yes, we used our beater skis.
ahh yes, that logging road to nowhere near Ollallie Meadows -- that sucker's fooled me twice in two years (so shame on me).

;D ha, ha, me too....
The path you wanted to follow was just to the left, off to the road to nowhere, just after it starts, across from where you entered it. It's part of a trail that used to be used for Mt. biking when the bike center was open at Central.

Reply to this TR

december-2-2004-mt-catherine-loop
MikeyB
2004-12-03 02:58:38