Home > Forum > Year-round skiers: send in your profiles!

Year-round skiers: send in your profiles!

• Charles
  • [24!ShukSan$9]
More
02 Dec 2004 07:54 - 07 Feb 2005 05:56 #170209 by Charles
This would seem like a good time for me to solicit "profiles" of year round skiers to add to the 20 on the page on my site (www.turns-all-year.com/indexyrs.html). So, any of you who have skied in at least 12 consecutive months are invited to send me your profile. Here are the sections of a profile:<br><br>1. How I got started skiing year-round:<br>2. Criteria for what counts as a ski trip:<br>3. Biggest threat to my streak:<br>4. Type of equipment I use:<br>5. Strategy for skiing through the low season:<br>6. Worst and best backcountry ski trips:<br>7. Skiing activities in the past year:<br>8. Consecutive months (please give the number of months at the end of a specific month [eg. 30 months as of Feb. 28, 2005]):<br>9. Please indicate if it is OK to share your email address with the other skiers on the page (your email will not be released in any other way; so far, all 20 have said yes):<br>10. One or two photos (jpeg) of you - best is one good action shot and another that really shows what you look like; photos are optional.<br><br>Please copy and paste the above and use it to fill in your info. Keeping all of this info organized seems to take me quite a bit of time, so if everyone sticks to this format it will be easier for me. You might also want to keep a copy for yourself, just in case there is a problem in sending it. I will wait a little while for profiles to come in before posting them.<br><br>Send your profile/photos to:<br>yearroundskier at turns-all-year dot com<br><br>I will probably inactivate this email address eventually since it will probably get picked up by spammers.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Charles
  • [24!ShukSan$9]
More
21 Jan 2005 05:35 #170612 by Charles
Replied by Charles on topic Re: Year-round skiers: send in your profiles!
I have discovered that at least one person sent in their profile but I didn't receive it. I believe I inadvertently changed an email setting which caused this to happen, and this setting remained for a couple of weeks. I have fixed this problem (I hope), so if you sent in a profile over the past few weeks but never heard back from me, I offer my apologies and hope that you will send again.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.