Home > Trip Reports > February 18-20, 2011, ONP, Eagle Point Powder

February 18-20, 2011, ONP, Eagle Point Powder

2/18/11
WA Olympics
Posted by skier8484 on 2/21/11 3:38pm
As many other trip reports will testify, the skiing conditions this weekend were fantastic across much of Washington.  The Olympics were no exception, where Tyler and I spent two days skiing blower, stable pow in the Eagle Point vicinity.  Staying in the Waterhole Shelter definitely makes the trip a lot more enjoyable when it's getting down into single digits at night!

The fall line skiing around Eagle Point is more or less perfect, and this trip really couldn't have gone any better.  Helps make up for a marginal January for sure.

Here are a couple pictures from the trip with links to a full TR on picasa album containing additional photos.

That looks really nice. I got up there late yesterday and didn't have enough time to get all the way to Eagle Point so I farmed trees and glades along the way. SW had a slight crust but it was still skiable and fun, N and W lines in the trees still held great snow. It was snowing very lightly then. Staying in that hut sometime seems genius.

Hello,
I was wondering if you folks could clue me in on Hurricane Ridge overnight parking policy.  In the old days one had to descend a few miles to a pullout below Mt Angeles.  Can we park at the top now?
Thanks,
John

author=John_Morrow link=topic=19808.msg85199#msg85199 date=1299684616]
Hello,
I was wondering if you folks could clue me in on Hurricane Ridge overnight parking policy.  In the old days one had to descend a few miles to a pullout below Mt Angeles.  Can we park at the top now?
Thanks,
John

You still have to park down below, but the park rangers were kind enough to give us a ride back to the Obstruction Point road on Friday evening before they closed the gate.  We had a very easy time hitching back to our car on Sunday as well.

Thanks for the heads up to check this out Brian. Looks awesome!

Reply to this TR

february-18-20-2011-onp-eagle-point-powder
skier8484
2011-02-21 23:38:29