Home > Forum > Dynafit Misbehavior

Dynafit Misbehavior

• Pico Cantieni
  • [Pico]
More
18 Feb 2011 15:47 #197988 by Pico Cantieni
Dynafit Misbehavior was created by Pico Cantieni
I'm fishing for user insight into a problem I've been having with "auto-rotation" of my heel piece from tour mode into downhill mode while touring. I'm touring happily along and then, without warning or apparent cause, "click" and my heel is locked down. I've gotten pretty adept at reaching down with a pole handle and getting myself unlocked but it's a bit of a pain. Is it possible that the detent spring in the heel piece is wearing out? Is there a fix?

pc

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Big Steve
  • [Big Steve]
More
18 Feb 2011 16:18 #197989 by Big Steve
Replied by Big Steve on topic Re: Dynafit Misbehavior
You should periodically check the plastic thimble piston bushing for wear. Dynafit dealers usually have them in stock for a couple bucks. Easy fix. Grease liberally.

IME, most autorotation results from a boot lug hitting the volcano or binding top at an angle that promotes rotation. I've fixed this issue with a quick grinding of the offending lug. Snow or ice can also contribute to autorotation.

More
18 Feb 2011 16:35 #197990 by gregL
Replied by gregL on topic Re: Dynafit Misbehavior
What Big Steve says.

Usually it's a boot lug hitting the volcano in a way that pushes the heel clockwise in high climbing position. Worn bushings and brakes can be contributing factors.

Grind or fill boot sole, replace bushings, get rid of brakes, try different height volcanoes that hit in a different place (if Comforts) from B & D . . .

• wooley12
  • [wooley12]
More
18 Feb 2011 18:48 #197995 by wooley12
Replied by wooley12 on topic Re: Dynafit Misbehavior
It's happened to me but only in wet snow that forms a snow ball under my heel. A spritz of silicone spray stopped it.

• Chris S
  • [mtnfreak]
More
24 Feb 2011 19:23 #198076 by Chris S
Replied by Chris S on topic Re: Dynafit Misbehavior
Like Big Steve said, I've seen it happen (and experienced it), when the boot lug hits the binding top while pushing off - when the ski may be flexed. Grinding or cutting back the boot lug is an easy fix.