Home > Trip Reports > February 7-11, Bonanza, W Peak and Company Glacier

February 7-11, Bonanza, W Peak and Company Glacier

2/15/11
Posted by Forest McBrian on 2/15/11 1:47pm
Last week I went with Jason Hummel to ski off the West Peak of Bonanza. We went in via Lake Chelan and Holden Village. In short, it was a blast. Jason will no doubt have a super-charged, photo-fantastic report up soon. I've got a trip report on my blog, as well: http://forestmcbrian.com/

A great TR and photos.  Holden is a wonderful access point for day trips or extended adventures.  The village staff are friendly.  Jill and I have had some great spring tours from the village.

Nice writeup, Forest.  Glad you and Jason had a good ski.

Inexplicable?  Seattle <==> Holden: a full day either way, not available every day of the week, must be in Chelan ready to go circa 9 am to catch the Lady of the Lake.  Would that I had enough time not to bump it off my list based solely on these facts.  Some day.

Actually, they use the fast boat in the winter, departing Chelan at 10, Fields Point at 10:50 and at Lucerne before noon.  Still a long haul for wetsiders.

^^^Which still means starting from the westside before daylight and not getting to Holden before afternoon.

(Sorry, not really trying to start an argument here.)

author=Zap link=topic=19611.msg83440#msg83440 date=1297871797]
  Holden is a wonderful access point for day trips or extended adventures. 

Sky,  In the past Jill and I have spent a few days staying in Holden and then doing day trips from Holden.  Yeah, you lose a half day traveling each way. But when you are retired .  ;)

Awesome trip Forest. Thanks for the invite. You know how to pick those windows! Cool story and pics as well!

My pics and story will be soon if I get my act together! Here are a couple I've gone through so far.

Way to go fellas.

Although Forest, I am questioning your choice of backpack.

Reply to this TR

february-7-11-bonanza-w-peak-and-company-glacier
Forest McBrian
2011-02-15 21:47:25