Home > Trip Reports > November 19, 2004, Stevens Pass

November 19, 2004, Stevens Pass

11/19/04
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by kuharicm on 11/19/04 1:14am
I went up to Stevens Pass this morning. There still isn't that much snow in the mountains. Maybe 26 inchesat the top. But the saving grace is that the old October snow makes for a relatively firm base below the recent ~ 12 inches that fell yesterday.

I skied one run half way down the backside of the ski area, and then down under the Double Diamond lift back to the base... Have fun skiing this weekend, but despite the pretty photo, remember there really isn't that much snow.

There are two more pics from today here:
http://students.washington.edu/kuharicm/stevens/

-Matt
I was going to go to Stevens in the afternoon. But since I was getting a late start, I decided to check out Snoqualmie/Alpental instead. Wrong move. Not nearly enough snow there for even my low standards, so not a turn was made at Alpental. It will need four times as much snow as there is there now. Nothing in the surrounding mountains accessible from the Sno Pass area looks any good either. Your pix further confirm that I went to the wrong damn pass today  >:(

I went up on Saturday for a few turns.  Awesome day to be out.  Clear skies and just enough cover to hide the rocks.  I started out a t 9:00AM  to the top of Skyline and made a few good turns with only hitting one rock!

november-19-2004-stevens-pass
kuharicm
2004-11-19 09:14:26