Home > Trip Reports > Jan 27, 2010, A lovely line on lofty Larrabee

Jan 27, 2010, A lovely line on lofty Larrabee

1/27/10
Posted by samthaman on 1/30/11 3:51am
Allen and I met up with a large group that was staying at the Winchester hut last week. We had the privilege of skiing a wonderfully aesthetic line down the south face of Larrabee under sunny skies.

Sunrise over the Pickets

Our line up (blue), and line down (red)

Allen, preparing to drop in.

There are many more photos and a full TR here for those interested.

Jason Hummel was among those up at the Winchester hut; I know he has plenty of great photos from that day, so hopefully he'll either post them here or start his own thread. Allen is also working on finishing up a video that I will add to this post when it's ready.
great report .. love the pix .. the axe (or whippet) is a really cool shot .. so is the one where you're almost near the hut .. so are the peak shots .. your american border is awesome .. nice work .. beautiful photography!

jason (ha i see you caught him in action) has posted his stuff on flickr .. i thought it looked crowded in the lookout lol .. anyhow someone of that party will prob be posting a report somewhere ..

Wow...heavy duty!

I just finished the video to go with this TR

Click on the picture to go to it:

Enjoy!

Awesome work!  I've wanted to ski that line for years.

great video .. fun to see hummel on the other side of the camera too ..

Wow, I made some really sloppy turns! Ha. Anyhow, good film, story and pics guys. Nice to meet you up there.

Lots of images. Here's a few...

[img width=531 height=800">http://farm6.static.flickr.com/5099/5403465200_5ba1b3a351_o.jpg" />

and the rest (link)

Wow, Jason. Blown away by the images! And love seeing you huck with 30 lbs of camera gear and a broken binding! Thanks for posting this!

Here's a quick TR I put together with all the pics.

http://cascadecrusades.org/SkiMountaineering/larrabee/larrabee2011sfacewestface/larrabee2011.htm

Absolutely stunning photos Jason.

Oh, and props to Allen and Sam for the stoke as well. Fine video!

Reply to this TR

jan-27-2010-a-lovely-line-on-lofty-larrabee
samthaman
2011-01-30 11:51:23