Home > Trip Reports > November 7, 2004, Mt. Rainier, Paradise area

November 7, 2004, Mt. Rainier, Paradise area

11/7/04
WA Cascades West Slopes South (Mt Rainier)
Posted by snoslut on 11/7/04 6:05am
Met up with Ronj and crew at the Tall Timbers for breakfast and some laughs.  Todays crew included Jeanette, Jerry, Jim, Brian, Paul, Darryl, Maureen, Stephan, and Ed.  I think that's it.  Sorry if I forgot anyone.  Our journey took us to the easterly facing slopes of off Pan Pt.  Here we found some nice corn to harvest and all sorts of lines to be had.  First was a nice mellow 45 degree slope to warm us up.  After repeated laps on that we proceeded to carve up the surrounding slopes which weren't as mellow ;).  The day was filled with laughter, spills, and thrills.  And all under summer like weather.  While the harvest took place a few new faces appeared, which included Mattd and friend along with a few others.  The best slope of the day had to be on our way down to Edith Creek.  Was smooth like butta.  As we all made our way back to our cars we were greeted by a few more familiar faces in the parking lot.  Kam, Alyson, and Kelvin who decided to give Muir snowfield a try.  The day turned out to be great!
Nice reprort, Eric.
My guess is we'll see some pics showing up soon.
There were certainly some fine poto ops on that ego snow.

It truly was another great day at Paradise. When I was driving down the road, with Ron and Jerry, all I could think about was, how could this Sunday possibly be as good as last, there certainly wouldn't be any bragging rights today.  Well was I wrong!  ;D.  For the first of November it was one of the best "summer" ski days yet.  All the new snow from last week had settled in, corned up and skied like a dream. What more can a person ask for, skiing with friends who love the bc, great snow, and perfect weather. Here are just a few photos.  ;D

http://groups.msn.com/WildHeartsSkiing/paradise11704.msnw

It was nice meeting all of you.  And what a great day, the skiing was good too!  The run down from Golden Gate was magnificently smooth corn.  Lovely.

Matt

Meeting you guys yesterday @MRNP inspired me to register. I was with Grant and we talked to Ron J for a few moments before you guys set off for home. We did a couple more laps, then headed home ourselves.
Love to hook up with you guys next time you are heading out. :)

I thought that cloud was really the Enterprise  and here's the proof!    No but seriosly, really a fun day with great friends!  Looking forward to a great winter. I'll try to get some video up here later in the week so check back. ----Jerry

Scotsman, nice meetiing you and Grant Sunday, glad to see you were inspired to register on TAY, it's a fountain of knowledge, experience and information  ;D, oh and fun too!  It would be fun to ski with the both of you in the future.

JW, I thought I saw the "Enterprise" too, seemed to be a bit of a magnetic pull on some of the slopes Sunday  ;)  Wonder if that's why some had trouble keeping the slippery side down on the steeps.  ;D

It was nice meeting all of you...
Great running into you and your partner, Matt.  It certainly was a stellar day.

Meeting you guys yesterday @MRNP inspired me to register.... Love to hook up with you guys next time you are heading out. :)
Welcome, Chris.  You and Grant seemed to tame that 45 degree pitch just fine.  Glad to have another backcountry skier in the fold.  We're all in this for the TR's, so the more the merrier.  But for some of it's not JUST about the skiing  ;)  
Drop us a line the next time you've got the urge to crank out some turns.  But don't expect too much in the way of "epic" adventures.  The older ones in the gang (uh, yeah, like me!) are loath to racking up excessive torture points.  
If it is torture points you favor, you'll need to hook up with Kam, Robie, Charles, Markharf, Sky or some of the other serious jocks on this site ;D.
Nice photos, MadDog.
Jerry, I thought I heard the Starship Enterprise go over but I didn't see it.  Very quick shutterbugging.
Have fun, be safe  8)

The "Enterprise" was there on Saturday too.   8)
Weird!

I offer a short clip of this trip @

Yep, Jer,
Yer viddy productions are definately turning into keepers.
Thanks for the efforts; they're really appreciated.

Reply to this TR

november-7-2004-mt-rainier-paradise-area
snoslut
2004-11-07 14:05:07