Home > Trip Reports > 1.4.11 Mt. Shuksan, White Salmon

1.4.11 Mt. Shuksan, White Salmon

1/15/11
WA Cascades West Slopes North (Mt Baker)
Posted by samthaman on 1/6/11 7:00am
Chris, Allen, and I headed up to the White Salmon the other day to enjoy the final stretch of high pressure. Obviously I haven't been living in "the city of subdued excitement" long enough to be truly jaded about my experiences yet, so take my enjoyment of punchy wind blown snow and overcast weather with a grain of salt, but I have to say it was a pretty fun time up there.

Allen also possessed a child-like enthusiasm that day.

Chris, dropping in.

Anyone skied this thing....?

There are more photos and a more in-depth recap here for those interested.

Nice report Sam.

Never lose your enthusiasm.

I don't think anyone has ever skied that thing.  Did you notice it's twin on the left?  I always thought it would be cool to film two people riding them at the same time....  hopefully one skier and one snowboarder.  They're easy enough to get to.

Keep your youthful enthusiasm as long as you can fellas.  It's a big part of what keeps us youthful.

Thanks for the TR.

author=Snow Bell link=topic=18863.msg79934#msg79934 date=1294430370]
Keep your youthful enthusiasm as long as you can fellas.  It's a big part of what keeps us youthful.

Thanks for the TR.

Well said Joe, we certainly agree.  :D

Sam, the 'city of subdued excitement" thing is creepy and reeks of neurotic behavior and weirdly suppressed competitive impulses.  I live here and it gives me the willies. 

Stay true to your Northeastern roots, have more fun than the rest and be supremely cheerful as seems to be your normal MO. 

good stuff .. great pix .. nice work you guys

author=T. Eastman link=topic=18863.msg80099#msg80099 date=1294630246]
Sam, the 'city of subdued excitement" thing is creepy and reeks of neurotic behavior and weirdly suppressed competitive impulses.  I live here and it gives me the willies. 

Stay true to your Northeastern roots, have more fun than the rest and be supremely cheerful as seems to be your normal MO. 

"What a great day!"
"meh, I guess it was ok"

... yeah i'm not trying to go down that road at all. Conversely, I'm also trying to avoid the dreaded "uncle Rico"....

"wow what a great day"
"You think this is deep? I was at alta in the 70's"

Reply to this TR

1-4-11-mt-shuksan-white-salmon
samthaman
2011-01-06 15:00:52