Crystal - 01/05

• ddk
  • [ddk]
  • Platinum Member
  • Platinum Member
More
05 Jan 2011 15:57 #216472 by ddk
Crystal - 01/05 was created by ddk
Short report – nice morning, high overcast with some filtered sun and even sun breaks on some slopes at times, no crowds, light snow fall early added a nice half inch to the smooth bumps I was skiing…BP’s, Valley, Grubstake Trees, Exterminator (the rest of the my friends would have liked them all). Did one of the Elevator Shafts (3) was not pretty – just like any true sunny slopes I expect. Got wetter during the afternoon from the snow fall and a lot greyer on the vis, but the snow quality was improving. Quit early with a lot less than 65k. Avocet for me seems to come in close to what I expect from the vert I know for various lifts. 31k today. Big news (not marketing hype as some imply about me), High Campbell went down yesterday in a cloud of smoke…electrical panel burned up…kinda like the 787…might be awhile… Other news of interest was a guy timed the ride in the bucket today, no stops, running smooth – 8:45. That’s kinda nice to know if there is no line at the bottom.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

More
06 Jan 2011 00:30 #216481 by Bandit
Replied by Bandit on topic Re: Crystal - 01/05
Chair 6 lift shack after the electrician repaired the wires. Oops! Lift mechanics watch it burn LOL!

• PNWBrit
  • [PNWBrit]
More
06 Jan 2011 09:23 - 06 Jan 2011 09:28 #216483 by PNWBrit
Replied by PNWBrit on topic Re: Crystal - 01/05
:'(

Did you actually witness the fire with your own eyes?

Or is it possibly a wildly malicious (edit: not that I'm suggesting you're the source of it) rumor along the lines of the gondola car having "fallen off the rope" a week or so ago? The much prevalent anti-Boyne/Kircher/Gondola hysteria around at the moment keeps producing this stuff. I heard one the other day about an unknown substance oozing out of the gondy cable...

Although, in this case, it certainly does seem entirely feasable

More
06 Jan 2011 10:23 #216485 by Bandit
Replied by Bandit on topic Re: Crystal - 01/05
It is a joke. I'm sure the lift shack didn't burn down. But, I'm sure a couple wires got toasted. They need to replace Ch 6. Bottom line, That piece of junk is ready for the scrap pile.

Tear it down, ship the steel to China, so they can manufacture some new lift structures and beams. Then ship it back.
Attachments:

• PNWBrit
  • [PNWBrit]
More
06 Jan 2011 10:37 #216486 by PNWBrit
Replied by PNWBrit on topic Re: Crystal - 01/05
Bandit - I didn't really think the shack burnt down.

But,

electrical panel burned up

Sounds possibly more than a couple of toasted wires.

It does seem the old gal has heard rumors of it's imminent replacement and is acting all squirrely.

Wish you were still there running it, perhaps a familiar more gentle hand would get her through one more season?

• CMSkier
  • [CMSkier]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
06 Jan 2011 11:14 #216487 by CMSkier
Replied by CMSkier on topic Re: Crystal - 01/05
C6 Upper shack did burn down many years ago, I believe due to a heater fire. 4 or 5 days later, they had it up and running again with a very tiny shack that was replaced the next summer with the current upper shack.
Kkz