Home > Forum > The Best of Times, and The Worst of Times

The Best of Times, and The Worst of Times

• Katie
  • [Katie_Morgan]
More
19 Oct 2004 09:55 - 19 Oct 2004 09:55 #169935 by Katie
Hi!  My name is Katie.  I'm 8 years old.  I'm a two planker.  My best trip skiing is honestly Crystal but I can get run over.  I like going to Muir because I can ski all year.  And my worst trip is skiing in a white out.  It was all white. I would like to belong to the club.  I do not like knuckle draggers because they are trying to act cool.  At Muir the snow is soft and below Moon Rocks. It was like the craters on the moon.  I like skiing because it is easy.  At Muir it was hot and there was no wind at all.  (Saturday 10-02-04)  I got a chocolate bar from the cook house.  The other things I like to do are backpacking, climbing, and running.  We went to the Enchanted Valley.  We also went to La Push and Shi Shi Beach.  (01 Ntl Pk) I climbed Granite Mtn., and Mt. Snoqualmie.  I also climbed in the Olympics, Mt. Stone, the Brothers, Mt. Washington, and Mt. Elenore.  I also climbed Mt. Saint Helens.

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Charles
  • [24!ShukSan$9]
More
19 Oct 2004 17:12 #169941 by Charles
Replied by Charles on topic Re: The Best of Times, and The Worst of Times
Hi Katie! I'm glad you were able to get the posting of your message to work. The photos and movies of you skiing on the Muir snowfield were great, and I hope to sometime meet you in person on the slopes (along with the rest of your family). <br><br>

I do not like knuckle draggers because they are trying to act cool.

<br>This might provoke some disagreement, but I'd have to say that Katie is somewhat of an expert on this topic since she slides with two of these types (brother and dad).<br><br>Keep up the good work, and keep down the slippery side!<br><br>Charles<br><br>

More
20 Oct 2004 13:46 #169949 by JW
Katie keep up the good reporting! Also don't let those knuckle draggers talk you into switchin, sking is where it's at! 8)

More
21 Oct 2004 04:11 #169951 by ron j

Hi!  My name is Katie.

Welcome, Katie :)<br><br>

... I would like to belong to the club.

You already DO, Katie! AND you already hold the club record for the youngest poster in the club. Way to go!<br><br>

That may change by the time you get to be about 18 or so. ;) Some of them really ARE cool 8)<br><br>

At Muir the snow is soft and below Moon Rocks. It was like the craters on the moon.  I like skiing because it is easy.  At Muir it was hot and there was no wind at all.  (Saturday 10-02-04)  I got a chocolate bar from the cook house.  The other things I like to do are backpacking, climbing, and running.  We went to the Enchanted Valley.  We also went to La Push and Shi Shi Beach.  (01 Ntl Pk) I climbed Granite Mtn., and Mt. Snoqualmie.  I also climbed in the Olympics, Mt. Stone, the Brothers, Mt. Washington, and Mt. Elenore.  I also climbed Mt. Saint Helens.

I wish I had gotten in that much climbing and skiing in by the time I was 8... or even 18 (or even 48 ???). Keep up the good work and keep us posted on the trips you do.<br>

More
21 Oct 2004 10:11 #169954 by JMor

My best trip skiing is honestly Crystal but I can get run over.

<br><br>Hey Katie, Congrats on your trip to Muir!! I know how you feel about Crystal, I too feel like I'm going to get run over, that's why the BC is so great. ;D  <br><br>

<br><br>I know one very cool knuckle dragger, 8) who has recently switched teams and double planks now, but when he does decide to ride, I just can't help, but stop to watch the beauty and skill that he has mastered. <br><br>Keep up the good work, enjoy the outdoors and the bc, maybe we'll see you on the hill sometime. <br><br>

• Jeff Huber
  • [Gaper_Jeffey]
More
21 Oct 2004 18:52 #169955 by Jeff Huber
Replied by Jeff Huber on topic Re: The Best of Times, and The Worst of Times
Hello Katie and welcome! ;D People tell me that I sometimes act about the same age as you! Isn't that amazing! Hey I have a problem that maybe you can help me with. Sometimes when I ski, children ski up next to me and start spontaneously laughing and pointing as if I am some sort of clown. I can't figure out why they do this. Do you know why they do? Do you think it might be because I wear a helmet that makes me look like a giant MOUSE? Please help me, and keep up the great posts!<br><br> <br><br>