Home > Trip Reports > 12-26-10 Hyak shredding

12-26-10 Hyak shredding

12/26/10
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by skibum on 12/27/10 9:23am
I went up to hyak yesterday with a guy i met on this site and had a great old time skinning up hyak and dropping off of the backside. It was quite a nice trip, and i got to wear in my boots a bit more. The up was pretty good, when we got there nobody had laid a skin track so being pretty unexperienced at laying nice z's up the mountain, i skinned up the cat track( lame i know) Got up to the top and dropped off the backside to the right of the lift for the first run. Creamy boot top on some crust. pretty short lap, then back up to the top! My partner was like the energizer bunny, and promptly took another lap while i was struggling up the skin track. we met at the top and we skiied down the frontside. the top was the best, and it was some nice long arcing high speed turns until we got about halfway down and it turned into cascade cement. oh well, the few turns i had on top were well worth it.
I will shed a tear when they finally get the Hyak lifts running again. I have taken full advantage of the short drive and easy access of Hyak this season for some maximum fun/effort ratio skiing.

Reply to this TR

12-26-10-hyak-shredding
skibum
2010-12-27 17:23:07