Home > Forum > Touring Bindings

Touring Bindings

• DonnellyM
  • [matrixski]
More
10 Oct 2004 14:57 - 10 Oct 2004 15:05 #169899 by DonnellyM
Touring Bindings was created by DonnellyM
It's another ski & snowboard season upon us and I'm trying to find out who makes a more durable freeheel binding.  Also something that won't bust or prerelease is a plus.  <br>I've grown tired of using my trekkers and hiking in my hard shelled alpine boots.  Not to mention have held up a group due to hiking in ski boots (Mt. Stuart trip) and perhaps have lost hiking and climbing partners cause of it among other possibilities easily fixable.<br><br>Any suggestions or advise to what bindings and ski mountaineering foot apperal that performs well would be greatly appreciated.<br><br>Thanks

Please Log in or Create an account to join the conversation.

• Paul Belitz
  • [pbelitz]
More
10 Oct 2004 15:25 #169900 by Paul Belitz
Replied by Paul Belitz on topic Re: Touring Bindings
Here is the greatest freeheel binding on earth. It will NEVER prerelease. In fact, it won't release, either! <br><br> <br><br>As for feet, get some of these puppies and rip it up like TeleRoss! Yeah!<br><br>

• Paul Belitz
  • [pbelitz]
More
10 Oct 2004 15:33 - 10 Oct 2004 15:41 #169901 by Paul Belitz
Replied by Paul Belitz on topic Re: Touring Bindings
Sorry, I got carried away there. <br><br>The Fritschi Freeride is commonly called the burliest AT (Alpine Touring, freeheel denotes telemark) binding out there. DIN to 12, though it still won't take the abuse that a alpine binding will. The Naxo is supposed to be strong as well, but it's had a lot of durability issues and users report more slop than the Fritschis. Dynafits are way light, but don't have as high a DIN and aren't as similar to alpine bindings. <br><br>As for boots, the Scarpa Denali TT or Garmont G-ride or Adrenaline are the beefiest out there. The Denali is widely regarded to be a bit stiffer than the G-ride; the Adrenaline is new enough that nobody knows for sure, it's supposed to be stiffer than the G-rides, too. <br><br>Mount em on something shorter and lighter than your 200cm Rockets and don't keep trying to break land speed records and you should be fine.

• silaswild
  • [silaswild]
  • Premium Member
  • Premium Member
More
10 Oct 2004 15:39 #169902 by silaswild
Replied by silaswild on topic Re: Touring Bindings
Dynafit Tourlite Tech binding goes to DIN 10, great for timid old folks. If you're under 50 yrs old, you should not buy the binding, it would not be fair. ;)

• skinveen
  • [skinveen]
More
11 Oct 2004 00:34 #169903 by skinveen
Replied by skinveen on topic Re: Touring Bindings
I skied my Adrenalins yesterday and It is hard to see any fall off in performance than if I had used my downhill boots. With the way they ski, I plan to use them all year in bound and out.