Home > Trip Reports > December 21, 2010, Cascade East slopes

December 21, 2010, Cascade East slopes

12/21/10
Posted by mayday on 12/21/10 10:34am
I had a great day on west facing slopes all to myself today over on the East side.  3 €“ 4 inches of new fluff on a firm base made for great tele turn fun!  No sign of instability below 6000 feet.  Broken clouds and no wind.

Let's assume that Dave is vague in his description because he doesn't want his secret spot to fill  up with other skiers.

Why would anyone want to go to a spot that has 3" of fresh over crust, when there is 12"+ everywhere else?  That secret spot is safe!  BTW - Looks like Blewett to me.

author=Steve C. link=topic=18560.msg78715#msg78715 date=1293056891]
Let's assume that Dave is vague in his description because he doesn't want his secret spot to fill  up with other skiers.

Steve, you're trolling....or just plain lazy.  if a place get's filled up it's only because you didn't get far enough away from the highway.  Hike further.... even BC skiiers arn't utilizing 99.999999999 percent of awesome skiiable terrain in Western Washington.

And who goes to the east side anyway? 

Do we need an internet argument over everything?  Give it a rest.  If you've got only snark and one-liners to drop in, feel free to not comment at all.

Dave, thanks for the quick conditions report -- looks like a great day.

Happy Holidays. Definitely not trolling and don't want to argue; just trying to be resepectful of an east side post.
Cheers.

If it's where I think it is then it only has a few parking spots and Ludvig is grumbling right about now. East side has some gems that are good to know about when its soggy on our side of the pass.

Oh no, the kids are waking up! Happy Holidays everyone.

author=RonL link=topic=18560.msg78877#msg78877 date=1293289387]
If it's where I think it is then it only has a few parking spots and Ludvig is grumbling right about now. East side has some gems that are good to know about when its soggy on our side of the pass.

Oh no, the kids are waking up! Happy Holidays everyone.

Gotta Love Ludvig---and remember your slope conservation ettiquette boys and girls!  Oh which, i am too poor a skier to possibly spoon his well practiced elegant tight turns--bless his soul!
And a Merry Christmas from Philadelphia, everyone!
John

And merry Christmas to Marcus especially.  Thanks for your hard work in moderating trolls like myself. 

Reply to this TR

december-21-2010-cascade-east-slopes
mayday
2010-12-21 18:34:23