Home > Trip Reports > 12/11, Hurricane Report #2

12/11, Hurricane Report #2

12/11/10
WA Olympics
Posted by chmnyboy on 12/12/10 7:32am
Met up with the usual crew and enjoyed the short, traffic-free drive to Hurricane. After being clocked by zero highway patrollers, we arrived to the empty maggies parking lot and skinned up to find the entire north bowl, aka Maggie's backside, untouched despite Friday's crowds. Dropped, finding consistent hero powder and bomber stability all the way to the bottom, where we met Randobro and one other group. After a few laps there we hit some of the steeper lines in lost bowl which offered a fair bit of sluff but no slab. Two more laps brought us to 2pm when the temperatures rose drastically and brought lots of rain. Retreated back to the road finding that GaryJan had thoughtfully stashed some suds in the snow near our vehicles.

Hopefully this report doesn't cause any more people to ski here, because the terrain just can't support it.

Pics are Randobro, Gary, Stormking, and Randobro finding a hidden tree (sorry, couldn't resist).

Nice pics.  Classic Oly-style. I especially like the early season rollover accident.  The Ridge rocks, but don't worry about overcrowding.  The drive is too much for most 206'ers. 

Hard to add much to your report Tyler, it was a fun day (even though we lost a little time correcting our "wardrobe malfunction"  ;)). It was amazing how fast conditions changed from hero to almost zero. Glad you enjoyed the brews, Jeff has been doing a great job choosing the appropriate fluids for proper rehydration recently.  ;D

Wanted to be sure you got a little love, so here's a shot of you in the North Bowl. I'll post a link to some more pix later.

Gary

Hey,  I think Stormking is my wife's cousin!

Same story in the Crystal BC...dendrites to demolition.  Got it while we could.  Looks like you guys got some goods out in the Olympics too - Gary, hope to get the opportunity to tour with you guys again this season!

Who is this Randobro and why do you Port Angeles Locals (PALs) keep letting him muck-up your lines?  Cheers for the beers!

Reply to this TR

12-11-hurricane-report-2
chmnyboy
2010-12-12 15:32:22