Home > Trip Reports > December 11, 2010, Hyak

December 11, 2010, Hyak

12/11/10
WA Snoqualmie Pass
Posted by Chris on 12/11/10 5:52am
Went to Hyak for a few hours this morning.  Easy skinning up the cat tracks.  We did one quick little lap down a blue box type run lookers right (maybe the Kendall or Cutoff run looking at trailmap).  Not steep enough to get good speed going but nice and soft snow and easy to ski. 

We climbed up to the top and did a couple laps off the backside in similar conditions but with a little steeper slope you could go a little faster and link some fun turns in soft, easy skiing snow.

As we were heading down to the cars, snow was falling.  Depending on temps the backside could remain good and fun.

Talked to one of the workers and he emphasized to please stay out from underneath the towers as stuff can fall unpredictably and fast and didn't want anyone to get hurt.  He mentioned the lifts should be finished 'this season' LOL

sorry no pics - wife lost camera
I hate it when the wife does that.  Did she still get to ski some powder?

She wasn't skiing.  she lost the camera earlier this week.  I should have asked my buddy to grab his camera but just forgot.  Next time out I'll at least take a camera phone but hoping to get a new small camera, maybe one that can take some decent video too.

Reply to this TR

december-11-2010-hyak
Chris
2010-12-11 13:52:05