Home > Trip Reports > Dec 6, 2010, Stevens Pass: Skyline Bowl (?)

Dec 6, 2010, Stevens Pass: Skyline Bowl (?)

12/6/10
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by Paulina on 12/8/10 10:42am
John (solsoul), Chelsea, and I played in the snow in Stevens Pass area on Monday. The Skyline lake was frozen (obviously) and beautiful, the forest was magical, and the snow heavy with breakable crust in places.
The most masochistic fun was on the bushwhacking descent North, when we survival-skied through the trees, into and out of holes, and over rocks and logs, and crossed the creek a few times for good measure. I think it took us longer to come down than to get up.
Pictures by Chelsea.
Nice!... Looks good!

Maybe I could get you to show me this tour some time? (Wish avy danger wasn't so high right now)

Mike, I don't really want to go back there anytime soon :-) due to the heinous bushwhacking. But on the plus side, it's pretty much all in the thick trees, very anchored terrain.

Maybe in the middle of the season, with a lot more coverage? Or maybe we should go ski something else. :-)

I was up in that area today... Looks like the Alder brush needs to fill in with more coverage.

Avalache conditions are really hit and miss this week in terms of safety.

I will check back with you when I get some time off in the coming weeks. (Unless the freezing level doesn't go up to 7000 feet Sat and rain below)

author=Mike Cheney link=topic=18364.msg77851#msg77851 date=1291901993]
Maybe I could get you to show me this tour some time? (Wish avy danger wasn't so high right now)

There's a couple shots on the north side that are pretty open.  Look at the report for this spot on 11/19.  I can send you some waypoints/track if you are interested.

Reply to this TR

dec-6-2010-stevens-pass-skyline-bowl
Paulina
2010-12-08 18:42:24