Home > Trip Reports > 11/30 Stevens Slackcountry

11/30 Stevens Slackcountry

11/30/10
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by savegondor on 11/30/10 9:28am
Well, I was certainly surprised to to see it snowing at 600 ft of elevation on the way up and to find it still snowing at 600 feet on the way down.  Of course it also iced with freezing rain and heavy snow falling at the same time and creating a mess of Hwy2.  Subaru had no problems with it...but we were still all over our lane on the way up.  Some semi crashed and spilled diesel on the way down. 

Climbed up double diamond, hit the back side, then skied double d on the way back.  my dog did great but refused to jump off a log 1 vert into soft snow.  I don't get it...i mean she plowed down double d like an expert only to get scared out of her mind by a simple log.  had to drag her over that sucker...after i climbed back up..which took 20 minutes. 

anyway 8-12 new at Stevens, blower pow suddenly got heavy and sticky at 12 noon...not sticky in the melting or warm kind of way but in the it's still 20F and a bit of rain came down kind of way. 

3700 vf of light and dry.  can't complain. 

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftOaRNJLTY4
WHAT!?  Two people had to share one of Washington's largest lift served ski areas with their dog? And the rotten pooch seemed to not give a kong about spooning his tracks!

Looks like a rotten way to spend the day.

Nice work

I think I passed you guys on my way down double d. Had a pup following me.

Highlight of her day was meeting one of the avi dogs.. she was goin on about it all day. She aslo fell under teh loading ramp and did a sweet chimney move to climb out.

The spill was actually a jack knifed tandem trailer. which also caused at least one other to vacate the road way. Scary cuz it was in teh eagle falls area of thin road way. I was only ten cars back from the accident. Sat in park for an hour and a half.

Reply to this TR

11-30-stevens-slackcountry
savegondor
2010-11-30 17:28:06