Home > Trip Reports > November 28, 2010, Stevens like it used to be!

November 28, 2010, Stevens like it used to be!

11/28/10
WA Stevens Pass
Posted by silaswild on 11/28/10 9:55am
No lifts running on the back side of Stevens today made the over 30 crowd nostalgic; and oh, no lifts running on the front side either.   Many WAC and TAYers enjoyed knee deep Cascade powder on increasingly dense snow below; our group found no rocks despite skiing the steepest lines we could find, under the Southern Cross chair and Double Diamond on the front side.  Untracked skiing all day, and more left for tomorrow.

Video of the first run:  http://vimeo.com/17275814
There were a few rocks, but they were quite friendly. Quite a few new snow friends today. The snow was great. Thanks all for a great time. Best day of my season so far.

First picture summarizes things pretty well.

We were up there on Sunday and it was great: TR on NWH.

Thanks for the report Silas. Looks like I missed out. Darn slow set epoxy.

Did you save any for tomorrow?(tuesday)

I'm game for Tuesday trees...like a large storm a movin in. 

Not much to add that hasn't already been said. The snow was light and super forgiving. Anyone who didn't get around to shaking out the early-season legs this weekend did themselves a serious disservice.

The early departers were sorely missed on the last backside run. Thanks again for the introduction to the area, and I hope you see you folks around this year.

Nice - thanks for sharing. I had fun visiting friends in Coeur D'Alene for the long weekend, but knew I was missing out on some good fun...

Joe, Chris, Evan and I were also up there on Sunday.  I think we got in a few more laps than you Silas :-P.  It was much deeper off the face of the chief, however, and worth just the little bit of extra work.

http://vimeo.com/17315465

On a secondary note, I picked up a beanie while skinning up the frontside.  It shall be returned to you if you can tell me the color & brand.  It's very comfy.

-Bramski

Bramski,
PM sent.

Reply to this TR

november-28-2010-stevens-like-it-used-to-be
silaswild
2010-11-28 17:55:04